Size of the Project matters?

Posted By 3Aliens 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
3Aliens
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
So anytime i start a Project i implent it on the old Object, first even with the animations. So its more alive. Now i delete the old Animations because i realised that it stutter, and my Pc can not take it.
So it was this Mountain Area i chossed, it has an Panorame Streets many Houses, and Lamps Lights all the Stuff. I wanted to use it at my Film Area. But the more new Stuff come to the Project ( Houses, Trees) the more it stutter and lags...

My Question: If i take an Tree or anything and connect it to the Map, will it run faster?

Sry for my English. In German i had found better Words.
SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi 3Aliens

We would love to help you with your problems but there are details we need from you.
We need detailed specifications about your computer and your add-ons and the software you use.
And could you give an example - a Youtube video of your stutters?

You need to specify your PC OS? windows 7 or 10 ?

Graphics card? CPU? RAM?

Home Built in Coolermaster ATX case with GigabyteGA-Z170X-GAMING 7 MoBo, i7-6700 @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GraphicsCard, 32Gb DDR4 RAM, an Acer CB241HQK  & a Samsung S24D300 monitor, Huion H610Pro Graphics Tablet, Kinect v2, Logitech C920 Webcam, Win 10 64 Bit OS

Edit: Upon further testing, it became evident that bright objects on a dark or black background don't respond well to this approach. In such a situation, the 'ghost-like' frames included in the 'averaging' - become very noticeable. So getting 'acceptable' results depends largely on the particular scene used.         
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
@3Aliens: Are you aware that the forum has a German version? You can select it at the top right:
[Ist Ihnen bekannt, dass das Forum eine deutsche Version hat? Sie können es oben rechts auswählen:]

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3acf43e9-7258-47e1-9b4e-aadf.png

It may be easier for you to ask your question in German. I have trouble understanding what exactly your problem is.
[Es ist möglicherweise einfacher für Sie, Ihre Frage auf Deutsch zu stellen. Ich habe Schwierigkeiten zu verstehen, was genau Ihr Problem ist.]

Also, you could try using Google Translate, which I'm using now to get German (https://translate.google.com). I find the quality quite good.
[Sie können auch versuchen, Google Translate zu verwenden, das ich jetzt verwende, um Deutsch zu erhalten (https://translate.google.com). Ich finde die Qualität ziemlich gut.]

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

3Aliens
3Aliens
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Yes, im aware, but most People speak English here...

Ok i told my Settings allready. But dont get me wrong, fot my Question you dont need to know my Setting.

Its like im asking if i felt from a High Building do i die? and you ask in which Country the Building is, or what i eaten that day.

My Qestian again. Sry if i describe it not good enough.. I have a BIG City made with a lot of Details...And when i make a lot of stuff in this MAp...will it get slower? No matter what system i have....
AND, if i make "add to the World" /trees for example and other stuff like streets and Lamps...Will it make it faster?
SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

@3Aliens
So OK you have a general question whether a big city on screen means everything slows down on any computer.

Yes it does.

But there are work-arounds.

You have probably seen matte paintings in movies to solve this kind of problem. Green Screen techniques also help.

You cheat. Just like Hollywood.

You might turn your attention to how the human eye works.

There is a camera technique referred to as 'bokeh' where the backdrop or background is deliberately blurred to focus attention on one element of a scene.

So you might see a forest or a city in the background and a small red balloon in the foreground.

The artist wishes you to pay attention to the balloon so they blur everything else.

And we humans accept this because that is how are eyes work anyway.

I am guessing that this is your question - how to deal with complex backdrops. And there are many cinematic work-arounds because we cannot deal with that level of complexity with our current technology.

So cheat.

Regards SeanMac
Stooged15
This post has been flagged as an answer
Stooged15
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (236 reputation)Junior Member (236 reputation)Junior Member (236 reputation)Junior Member (236 reputation)Junior Member (236 reputation)Junior Member (236 reputation)Junior Member (236 reputation)Junior Member (236 reputation)Junior Member (236 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Hi @SeanMac,
To add to what 3Aliens is asking, if I convert a prop to terrain in IClone will that help with the performance of my computer?  I too am building a scene (trying to replicate The Office set) with a lot of props and as I add more the slower IClone runs.  Do you know if converting most of the props will give back performance without the loss of image quality?
Thanks,
Stooged15
SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Stooged

Intuitively I would say yes.

Regards

SeanMac

Home Built in Coolermaster ATX case with GigabyteGA-Z170X-GAMING 7 MoBo, i7-6700 @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GraphicsCard, 32Gb DDR4 RAM, an Acer CB241HQK  & a Samsung S24D300 monitor, Huion H610Pro Graphics Tablet, Kinect v2, Logitech C920 Webcam, Win 10 64 Bit OS

Reading This Topic