Profile Picture

lipsync to another character than human

Posted By matrix77 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
matrix77
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
hi
i need to make a lipsync to a character,a bear in this case,and i wonder if its possible to make it in iclone with faceware plugin.ideea is to make face rigging in maya and then importing in iclone via 3dxchange.that rigging will be recognized by the iclone or 3dxchange?of course,the bear will be rigged as biped and as i know its working for boddy animation,but how i can make it to work with face and lipsync animations? for me this will be the easiest way because maya and 3ds max can do something like that but its much work to do and i am not an expert.thanks in advance for yours advices
Dragonskunk
Dragonskunk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
There are 2 ways, depends on whether you use deformers or a bone rigged face.
Either way you need go into Expression Editor in 3dx.
To see what deformers you need to make, take an existing avatar in iClone and open it in 3dx go into Expression Editor and you'll see all the face shapes you need to make in Maya. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f0d5a6aa-f907-4e06-b7ab-3cc3.jpg
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
If your creating a bone rig for your face, then you set all the bone rotations in the Expression Editor. If your using morphs, then you need to create them elsewhere for import.

You can combine bone rig and morph data together in your expressions as well.
matrix77
matrix77
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
thank you for your help.did you know some tutorials about this problema? i am beginer and dont know many things yet
btw,another problem i have...i tried to make image sequences with iclone but al i got after is 900 png with same image,the first frame of the movie.there is a tutorial and i made exactlly like there but does not work even i try with 640x480 or other rezolution.if i made with vlc it makes just couple png and in faceware is playing very fast.
thanks in advance
Edited
5 Years Ago by matrix77

Reading This Topic