Posted By jdpix 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Face Key save clip - was there a change between v7 and v7.42

Author
jdpix
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
In the iClone 7 "Face Key Editing" tutorial - it shows that as you add additional expressions (Using Face Key --> Muscle Panel)  along the timeline, the Expression Clip layer expands to create one nice long clip (that you can export for later use!).  In iClone 7.4 this functionality is gone - instead each additional expression clip adds a new small clip - therefore I can't export my series of expressions as one long  "expression Clip".  
I was able to workaround this by recording a blank Face Puppet Layer which does create a clip.  Then I can go into Face Key and add a series of expressions along the timeline  - then flatten the clip and export the expressions clip.
But I really would prefer if the Face Key expressions would lay down one long clip as I add expressions along the timeline as it shows in the iClone 7 "Face Key Editing" tutorial at 10:34

Edited
5 Years Ago by jdpix
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
In the Animation menu, make sure there is a check mark next to "Clip Auto Extend".
jdpix
jdpix
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
That fixed it - thank you so much Rampa!!!!

Reading This Topic