Realtime Performance Issues Motion LIVE

Posted By JH5308 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
JH5308
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (769 reputation)Veteran Member (769 reputation)Veteran Member (769 reputation)Veteran Member (769 reputation)Veteran Member (769 reputation)Veteran Member (769 reputation)Veteran Member (769 reputation)Veteran Member (769 reputation)Veteran Member (769 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Greetings! I've been having trouble getting smooth realtime performance using iClone 7. I'm not sure if it is a hardware issue, the need to tweak settings or user error (I'm not technically savvy and am new to PCs).
I'm running IC 7 and CC3 on an ASUS ROG laptop with an i7-4720HQ CPU @2.60GHz and 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M. I've tried the MotionLIVE plug-in using LiveFace (via iPhone X/USB connection) and FaceWare plugin with Logitech camera. Most of the time my realtime facial captures are very glitchy, appearing to stutter or drop frames as in this clip, made with the LiveFace/iPhone setup.:
https://vimeo.com/310604564

Here's another clip where I used FaceWare and the Realtime for iClone setup:
https://vimeo.com/311114527

The performance is much smoother in this clip.

Unfortunately, the reliability of the realtime performance is very inconsistent. Sometimes I'll get what appears to be a smooth facial capture, and when I render the clip the audio slips off sync and I have to correct in editing by stripping off the audio and sliding it a few frames to line it up.

Since my main focus for iClone is to use characters for live stage projects, smooth realtime performance with as little delay is critically important. I've seen other discussions comparing FaceWare and MotionLIVE elsewhere, including very helpful info from the always brilliant Kelleytoons, animagic and ctrlz, but I'm not savvy enough about the workings of iClone to know what I should do to get better realtime performance on a consistent basis. If anyone thinks my biggest issue is hardware related, I welcome suggestions on a good hardware setup to make the system run smoothly to enable getting a smooth-running realtime character to the screen. Thank you in advance for your help!
Edited
5 Years Ago by lunarny
SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Hi lunarny
your clip https://vimeo.com/310604564 does not point to anything according to vimeo.

Generally, I found better results with Faceware when I lowered the resolution. This with Logitech C920

Also heavily dependent on lighting. You could take a look at the YouTube channel 3Dtest runs.

Regards SeanMac

Home Built in Coolermaster ATX case with GigabyteGA-Z170X-GAMING 7 MoBo, i7-6700 @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GraphicsCard, 32Gb DDR4 RAM, an Acer CB241HQK  & a Samsung S24D300 monitor, Huion H610Pro Graphics Tablet, Kinect v2, Logitech C920 Webcam, Win 10 64 Bit OS

CtrlZ
CtrlZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Make sure your face is well lit! 480p res.is what most recommend however you would be better served getting a new card 1070 (8 gigs vram) or higher if you can I have two 1080ti's (although iclone only uses one of them) with 11 gigs of vram each titan has 12!

Gary

Home built liquid cooled AMD Ryzen 7 1800X cpu (8 core 16 thread) 4.0GHz,  rtx 3090, ASUS Crosshair VI Hero motherboard, 64 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD (Samsung 850 EVO) 6 TB HD's 4K monitor.

JH5308
JH5308
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (769 reputation)Veteran Member (769 reputation)Veteran Member (769 reputation)Veteran Member (769 reputation)Veteran Member (769 reputation)Veteran Member (769 reputation)Veteran Member (769 reputation)Veteran Member (769 reputation)Veteran Member (769 reputation)

Thank you so much CtrlZ and SeanMac! Here is the updated link: https://vimeo.com/310604564/e8a1e260de 

Great suggestions re lighting and resolution and upgrading my system. I will work on that. Thanks again for your response and suggestions.
Edited
5 Years Ago by lunarny

Reading This Topic