Chuck Chunder in 360VR New Sampler

Posted By TopOneTone 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
TopOneTone
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Check out my latest Chuck Chunder video, now in 360VR. This is a sampler that I made by tinkering with previous (standard format) episodes and then rendering in 360VR. I'm planning on re-doing the individual 3 mins episodes from scratch specifically for 360VR ie fixing scenery, background action etc. 
Let me know what you think.
https://youtu.be/Pm6sYCylut8

I get the impression that there are a very limited number of icloners actually making 360VR content, while I've not made tutorials before, would people be interested in taking a look if I put one together?

And remember plenty more episodes on the youtube channel and facebook page
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGRNWyCMD7iPr4DqUNnHwgQ
https://www.facebook.com/Chundertime
....It's Chundertime!
Cheers,
Tony
Walt_R
Walt_R
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Tony,
Great job with Chuck in 360VR. BigGrin It's awesome how the direction icon in the top left corner enables the viewer to get different perspectives while watching. Background scenery will become extremely important with this kind of production. 
As I know nothing of 360VR, I would be very interested if you made a tutorial on how to create a video in iClone with this format.
Walt

Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I think it's pretty cool and I can envision some uses for it but not many.

I want my viewers to focus on what my story is telling them and I really don't want them wandering off to look at the tulips
when an important plot development is happening. They came to see a story and it's my job to lay that story out in a concise
and direct manner. I can't do that if they're looking at a picture on the wall across the room.
So, even though I think it is a very cool effect, that's all I can see it as. It could have some serious game applications but, other
than that, I don't see much use for it in normal story-telling. Hopefully someone can breakthrough and open up some horizons for it.

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
TopOneTone
TopOneTone
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Thanks Walt, I'll see what I can do. In the meantime feel free to ask any questions.
Cheers,
Tony
TopOneTone
TopOneTone
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks Peter,
I agree VR is really effective on some things and presents some real challenges on others. Obviously in most cases you want to lead the viewer into looking where you want them to and there are lots of visual and audio tricks to help achieve that. What I do find is that when I have the headgear on I usually quickly scan the environment and then in most cases end up looking forward at the action until something draws my attention in another direction. I think this is really normal behaviour when you enter a room anyway. What I find VR does do is give you a better sense of the periphery of the scene and you definitely feel more a part of the scene. Sometimes you do want the surprise from behind and sometimes the environment is the hero and you just enjoy the view. 
Like most people in the VR world I'm still learning the techniques and what does and doesn't work. I think character driven drama is much more difficult to pull off in VR, but a challenge is a challenge.
What I would say Peter is that I think your naval battles would be a fantastic experience in VR.
Cheers,
Tony  

Reading This Topic