Profile Picture

Can someone code a Python shaky-cam script?

Posted By gordryd Last Week
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
gordryd
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (516 reputation)Veteran Member (516 reputation)Veteran Member (516 reputation)Veteran Member (516 reputation)Veteran Member (516 reputation)Veteran Member (516 reputation)Veteran Member (516 reputation)Veteran Member (516 reputation)Veteran Member (516 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
If any of you Python programmers are looking for a project to code, might I suggest a "Shaky-Cam" app?  I guess one way to do this would be to sample the Camera Transform at a given key interval (the program might have to create those keys).  This would allow the shake to be added/subtracted from existing Transform camera movement.  Not sure if it would work with Paths or not?

Just a few thoughts about what I personally think would be helpful to have:

1. Camera Shake Presets, like:
   a. Walking (random + emphasized vertical shake every 0.5 second?  I think that matches standard animation walk cycle...)
   b. Running (random + empahsized vertical shake every 0.25 seconds?)
   c. Vehicle - Wheeled/Aircraft (random short interval shaking in all directions)
   d. Boat (low frequency pitch/roll/yaw)
   The Presets could have a 'multiplier' to control the amount

2. A pre-visualizer (maybe a red ball moving inside a square w/crosshairs, to see how much shake will be applied before committing to Timeline)

I'm sure lots of other things could be added, such as more advanced control of Preset settings, but this would be a great start.

Any takers?
thedirector1974
thedirector1974
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
You don't need to have a phyton script to get a shaky cam effect. Just link the camera to the head of an avatar and give that avatar a idle/running/walking animation. That's it ...

Reading This Topic