CTA will not open "invalid serialnr"

Posted By pompel_4 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pompel_4
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
After launching CTA (3.1) i get a message saying " invalid serialnr. Contact RL. CTA will now close".  Then the program close.
Its only open for a few seconds so i have no time to check or, if necessary, re-enter the serialnr?
Have not used the program for a while, but it worked when i last used it. (weeks ago).

Any ideas about what`wrong?

tss

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
The issue is likely that you already have two computers registered. 

For the convenience of our users we allow for up to TWO simultaneous installs on separate computers. This means that you may install one copy of CTA3 on two separate computers without issue providing only one computer is in use at any one time.

If you then wish to install on a new computer you can simply uninstall from an old computer while connected to the internet and this will free up your license.

However if you are not able to uninstall because of say hardware issues, you can manually deactivate from one of the two computers you currently have registered. 

So please follow the steps below to deactivate your license from an old computer and this should allow you to launch CTA3 again.

1. Login to your Member Account.
2. Switch to the Registration page.
3. Check the "Activated Number" column. If your products show 2 then you need to deactivate.
4. Click the "Details" link in the Activated Number column.
5. Scroll down to see the computers currently activated.
6. Click the "Deactivate Now" link to remove a computer.
7. You should now be able to install or launch CTA3 again.

I hope this helps.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
6 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
pompel_4
pompel_4
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thanks for responding.
Had CTA installed on 2 computers. Also had 2 computers activated in the member account. (Thought i could have the program installed on 2 different computers)
 Anyway, i unistalled CTA on the "oldest" computer (while connectet to internet). Now its only 1 computer activated in the member account (the new one and the one i will use), but i cant still open the program. Get the same message.
Will try to uninstall / install to see if this will help. If this not work i guess i have to contact support.

Thank you for responding and have a merry christmasSmile

tss

Reading This Topic