Coming to Grips with this ...

Posted By sonic7 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year

Does iClone have a 'mode' so you can neatly 'Grip' an object (using, say the 'fingers-close' in Edit Motion Layer) - but that won't penetrate it?
ie: the fingers will only close as far as the objects outer boundary?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4fcaa72f-feb6-4901-b94e-8745.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 minute ago
It would be nice, but currently there is no such mode in iClone. Any body penetration, such as for clothing, is handled with collision shapes attached to the body, and that is just for soft cloth.

For now, the only way is "manual" animation, as far as I now.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

Thanks Job ..... I imagined that was the case ....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Does iClone have a 'mode' so you can neatly 'Grip' an object (using, say the 'fingers-close' in Edit Motion Layer) - but that won't penetrate it?
ie: the fingers will only close as far as the objects outer boundary?

Sorry, but English is not my native language,
so I need to resort to a google translation:
It may be that I do not understand the text correctly:
Mien statement:
"Fingerclose in Motion Layer" works well
See pictures. Or did you mean something else?
Greets from Germany
Postfrosch
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a10f8bc4-227f-46e8-b009-8b8a.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7e10f5bd-7bca-476e-8626-a8b7.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Postfrosch .....
"Fingerclose in iClone works well" ...... Yes but can you make it 'feel' the object it's closing on?
When I've used "Fingerclose" it has uneven fingers. Some fingers are too high, some fingers are too low.
Also, when you "close" the fingers - they penetrate through the object. (The fingers dissapear inside the handle).

So - I was wondering - is there a way to set the "fingerclose" so that the fingers "stop" at the correct distance around the object or handle?

Thank-you ....  Smile

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7
Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

You can move each finger bone individually.
Why does everything have to be done automatically?Wink
If I have a sword handle it is shaped differently than a spoon. As if I have to do it "by hand".
RL Iclone would have to do it completely differently. It would then have to give a kind of Collisonsform as with substancesGreets Postfrosch

sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yes, I was just checking in-case I was overlooking it.
I've personally got nothing against 'automatic', especially for repetitive tasks.
My remaining 'life-span' is dwindling.
I also take 2 to 3 times longer than the 'average' person to comprehend and do things.
That means taking short-cuts if possible - hope you understand .... Smile

Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

My remaining 'life-span' is dwindling.

My Also. I am 1 year older than you.w00t
Greets Postfrosch

AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 9 minutes ago
Trying to animate a figure climbing a ladder is one of the more 
difficult tasks without a Mocap suit and a ladder model
Scaled perfectly from the real life version.
If you could meticulously wrap the fingers around one wrung
and somehow save the rigid hand pose as reloadable preset 
,as we can in Daz studio, that would help.
However I suspect that your ladder climbing motion file is not 
matching the wrung spacing on your iclone ladder prop 
in which case you will have to essentially hand adjust every 
keyframe the entire motion anyway.
And for that you will really want to have the Curve editor.

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

Reading This Topic