360 Render Issue

Posted By TopOneTone 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
TopOneTone
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hope some one can help shed some light on this issue, because I'm stumped.
The attached scene looks clear and sharp on the viewer, but when I render it there appears a faint line on the left hand side and everything to the right of the line looks washed out, but to the left is clear. It looks like a filter, but there is nothing in front of the camera. As the camera turns to look back, the line disappears and the picture becomes clear. I have checked the lighting and the camera and can't find anything abnormal. Any thoughts?

animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
This is very speculative, because I don't really see how it could be the problem, but here goes:

RL has added a static noise effect to smooth out certain color banding.

Check under Visual/Post Effect to see if that's enabled:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f5a72981-5d47-483f-af82-0c68.png

Disabling that may help. If it is already disabled, I wouldn't know...Unsure

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
6 Years Ago by animagic
TopOneTone
TopOneTone
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Thanks for responding Animagic. Unfortunately that panel is blank ie no post effects applied, so that is not the problem. 
TopOneTone
TopOneTone
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ok, so I removed the sky and replaced it with a blue background colour in the project settings and the line on the left hand side has gone. However there is still a faint line across the top. I'm guessing this may form the circle at the top of the picture that you always see when you have the VR goggles on. In the past I have had some success by placing an additional item in the top of the picture that obscure this circle.
Cheers,
Tony
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Whether this is related to your problem or not I can't say but something I have found that something that can cause these sorts of issues is texture size.
I find if the texture image size is something other that  512, 1024, 2048, 4096 then the edges can have something like what your saying.
Especially if the edges are transparent. EG have a ground/sky scene on a plane and make the sky transparent so only the ground displays.
The edge at the top of the sky still shows up sometimes. All depending on how far away from the proper sizes the image is. The further away the worse it looks.

Just something I find that happens to me sometimes when using an image I downloaded from the internet?

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
6 Years Ago by Delerna

Reading This Topic