Profile Picture

Trying to work out ideal pipeline workflow for: Lip synch head from pics (CT) attached to custom...

Posted By apollodelriomusic 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Trying to work out ideal pipeline workflow for: Lip synch head from...

Author
apollodelriomusic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I see how most of the individual bits work, but not quite clear on overall workflow for animated character using strung together mixamo dance animations while character is also lip synching with a custom head generated from 2d images, but then needs hair attached, and shoes added that I currently have in OBJ format.

I'm assuming I need to first get the head created in Crazytalk Pipeline (almost done with that part).

Not quite clear from there, so please let me know if I have this right.  I think I need to export the head into CC where I will add the hair / clothes from preset libraries.  Not quite clear if this is also where I would attach the shoes I have separately in OBJ format.  Also not clear whether the lip synch and facial expression morphs are being exported along with the head from CT into CC.

Once the character is all fleshed out, it needs to be animated.  I have some custom keyframe animation I'm doing, and also stringing together some Mixamo sequences.  Would the character be exported from CC as fbx into Mixamo pre-rigged?  If so, is there some other formatting issue to be aware of there? I'm assuming having it rigged properly first is preferable to the Mixamo auto-rig, but seems also that it must be according to Mixamo's specs. 

Should the full character be uploaded or just the basic mesh for textures to be reapplied later?  I have some familiarity with (and own) C4d, so if possible, it would probably be easiest for me to comp the animation there.  If so, seems the lip sync animation can't go into and back out of Mixamo with the character, so does it get set aside and imported into C4d separately from the fbx that Mixamo outputs?

Just not quite clear in general how the lip sync and dance animations come together.  Seems like CC is the hub where the character all comes together, so seems most appropriate to ask here.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Hi...

Character Creator 3 is primarily used for character creation not animation. You can use it to create facial and body poses, but you can't use it to animate your character's face or body. However you can export pre-defined animations in iClone format with your character by loading them into the export panel in CC3.

Regarding Crazytalk 8, this will allow you to export your characters 3D Head to CC3 but not the facial animation.

So really if you wish to bring in all your Mixamo animations and facial animation created in CrazyTalk 8 and further edit them, then you are going to need iClone 7 Pipeline as well as CC3 Pipeline. You will then be able to use iClone 7 to animate your character and then you can send the saved animation to CC3 ready for export to FBX format.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic