You don't have permission to rate!

Chaining Animations without the character position resetting

Author
Problem.png
inash
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I have a bunch of cool action animations from Mixamo, i would like to chain together but as soon as I introduce a new one the character position resets.  How do you get the chained animation to begin where the character's position was at the end of the previous animation?  This has been so frustrating. 

OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-4930K 3.4 GHZ / MB: ASUS Sabertooth X79 /  RAM: 32GB G-SKILL RIPJAW / HD: 2TB+2TB+3TB  /  SSD: 256 Samsung 860 EVO & 128 Samsung 860 EVO/ 
GPU: GTX 1080 Ti 11GB / COOLER : CORSAIR H75 Liquid Cooler

3dtester
3dtester
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)

I would also like to know that...

3dtester
3dtester
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)

To be honest, if i drag the animations one after another into the timeline, the character position wont reset.
But of course, the end and start of the motions don't match. With a bit of transition between them, it get's better.

I don't know if there an easy way to match them without sampling the animations, which would mean a lot of events would have to be edited...

Podman1000
Podman1000
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (898 reputation)Veteran Member (898 reputation)Veteran Member (898 reputation)Veteran Member (898 reputation)Veteran Member (898 reputation)Veteran Member (898 reputation)Veteran Member (898 reputation)Veteran Member (898 reputation)Veteran Member (898 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Nope....that's exactly how you do it.  They just need a little transition overlap, and they all start where the other ends.
The problem I have with Mixamo stuff, is I have to use iClone 6.? to get the pipeline to bring things over. 
Did a bunch though....just had to re-install iClone 6 to do it.
Just my 2 cents worth. 

Reading This Topic