Profile Picture

Weird effects on figure's textures when animating facial blendshapes?

Posted By stefan.ekstam 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Weird effects on figure's textures when animating facial blendshapes?

Author
stefan.ekstam
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (241 reputation)Junior Member (241 reputation)Junior Member (241 reputation)Junior Member (241 reputation)Junior Member (241 reputation)Junior Member (241 reputation)Junior Member (241 reputation)Junior Member (241 reputation)Junior Member (241 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I'm a fairly new CC3 user, but I've spent many hours with both Daz3D and Unity.

This might actually be a Unity problem, but I suspect it is more likely an effect caused by CC3 since I haven't seen it on any other imported characters.

I do the following:
- Create a character with CC3 (the standard character will do just fine)
- Export the character as an FBX (Clothed Character), and select the Unity 3D format
- Import the character into Unity 2018.3.0b9 and drag it into the scene
- Select the CC_Base_Body node and expand the BlendShapes in the Inspector window
- Drag the Mouth_Smile handle back and forth, and look at the character

The mouth moves and the character smiles. Everything's well so far. However, as the mouth moves, the skin texture on the figure's arms and head changes slightly. It looks as if the arm's and head's normal or bump map texture is somehow changed by the animation effect. This effect is more or less noticeable with all blend shapes. With some characters the effect is extremely visible, making the character unusable for blend shape animation.

I'm using CC3 version 3.02.

/Stefan

Reading This Topic