locking feet in position

Posted By woody173 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
woody173
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi I have been away from iClone 6.5 for a while with technical issues with my computer. Im just trying to get back into it and was wondering if anyone could answer me a simple question. (or point me to a yourube tutorial). I have added a movement to my character and from idel to the movement the feet shift position. I have tried locking it to a dummy box  and tried repositioning the feet manually but cant seem to get it to work. Can anyone please help.Also I am now looking at buying iclone 7 but my computer is not up to task. so its time to upgrade so i can get iClone 7 to work. As i am halfway through an animation will I be able to just open up my project and continue on or should I just persevere in 6.5 till its done and then start using iClone 7

Many thanks guys from what ive seen of iClone 7  cant wait to give it a go
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I still have iClone 4, iClone5 and iClone6 installed on my computer.
Just to check this I opened iClone7, went to File/Open Project and navigated to my iClone 6 contents and loaded a an iclone6 project and it loaded fine.
I have tried it with several animated projects and I get a message stating some visual effects such as HDR, AO, Shadow and IBL may be different from iClone6. Please adjust the relevant parameters. However they all loaded fine, they all animated and everything in the ones I tried looked fine.

Next up I tried loading some projects from my iClone5 contents and they loaded and ran fine as well although one of them had some minor errors when I ran it. 
So I will say It all depends on what is used in the project but in the majority of cases it will load and run fine and in rare cases you may need to adjust some things in the project.

As for feet sliding, iClone7 has improved it I think although only with the latest animations made from mocap tools.
However, here is a tutorial that helps to fix feet sliding. Although I try to make it so the feet aren't seen as the character walks in the project because that's the easiest way. But sometimes its needed and I found this tutorial helpful. I hope it is feet sliding you were asking about

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
With the foot movement, if you meant keeping a foot in a certain position as the character animates
like this animation I made, Sorry she is naked, I wanted to be able to see her full body movements and not letting clothes get in the way.

At the foot you can see some small props.
I used those so I could attach the foot to it so the foot would stay in the position of the prop as she rotated around the pole.
I did the same thing with her hands holding the pole. As she slides down the pole I moved the props her hands were attached to and her hands just followed them.
Made it much easier to get the feet and hands to stick in place as she rotates. I originally tried it by moving her feet and hands so they stay in place but wouldn't work.
Attaching them to props made it much easier to control their positions in a single place. Hope my description makes sense. Its getting hard for me to explain things.

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Reading This Topic