Profile Picture

No Transition Curve Presets for morph animation keyframes?

Posted By ken_1171 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

No Transition Curve Presets for morph animation keyframes?

Author
ken_1171
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I am creating an iClone animation that uses animated morphs, and noticed the keyframes on the morphs timeline don't have an option to use "Transition Curve Presets". I have tried opening the panel from the joint rotation timeline, and noticed the default is "linear" for morph keyframes, and we cannot change this setting. We can click other presets, but they have no effect, and won't show in the curve editor. 

It appears that only joint transforms (rotation, translation and scale) can use Transition Curve Presets or even the Curve Editor, which is rather limiting when creating animations. Am I getting this right? I am new to iClone, so I can't be too sure. If so, is there a plan to support morph keyframes in these other panels? That would be very helpful, since character animations in general tend to use morph animations.

And if I am getting this wrong, could someone here please show me how to use Transition Curve Presets with morph keyframes, and also how to make them show in the Curve Editor?
ken_1171
ken_1171
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Under closer examination, it looks like morph keyframes in the timeline indeed don't have the "Transition Curve Presets" in their context menu, BUT we can still use the panel if we can open it elsewhere. I still can't adjust the curves in the Curve Editor, but at least I can use the transition curve presets. 

It looks like Transition Curve Presets are accessible from joint transform and facial expressions, but not from body morph keyframes. Maybe there is a keyboard shortcut or interface button to open this panel, but I am new to iClone, and I couldn't find it. I would like to suggest adding the "Transition Curve Presets" panel to the context menu when we right-click body morph keyframes. They work with body morphs, but are just missing from the context menu. 

Now if body morph animation curves can be edited in the Curve Editor, that's a different story. So far I couldn't find a way to do that, so I can set a transition curve preset, but cannot edit it as a curve. 
ken_1171
ken_1171
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Is there a keyboard shortcut to open the "Transition Curve Presets" panel? I am finding myself in a situation where there are no keyframes that have the option to access this panel in the timeline when I work with only translations and morph animations. Finding where to open this panel is becoming a pain.
jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I would also like to know more about this problem.
ken_1171
ken_1171
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I would still like to know if there is a keyboard shortcut to open the "Transition Curve Presets" panel, or where I can open it from in the interface. The other question was if we can edit these presets in the "Curve Editor" for keyframes added to a morphs animation. I would appreciate any info on those things. 

Reading This Topic