Mocap

Posted By michaellegge52 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
michaellegge52
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Can you use either the iPhone XS or XR for live mocap. Don't want to buy the wrong phone. Thanks.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
We know, according to Peter at RL, it will work with the XS (or will shortly -- I think he said they are redoing the app for the higher resolution).

Either no one has asked or he hasn't said about the XR, but I would think it would also work just fine (it has Face ID so it has the requisite cameras in place, and while it's a different display I think the resolution will be just fine).  Given the cheaper price ($250 cheaper) if it were me I'd want to go that route if I was buying mostly for this purpose.

Before I'd buy either one, though, I'd wait to hear an official word from RL on them (so perhaps Peter will jump in here, although I don't know if he'll be around until Monday).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
michaellegge52
michaellegge52
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks. I'll wait to hear the final word You're right, I'd rather get the cheaper phone.
rjj1234
rjj1234
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Mike, regarding your helmet/iPhone attachment ideas, check out this link below. It also focuses on the simultaneous full-body-face mocap thing...

https://blog.xsens.com/xsens-and-kite-lightning-win-big-at-siggraph-2018s-real-time-live
         (Xsens and Kite & Lightning win big at SIGGRAPH 2018's Real-Time Live!)

Robert
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Yeah, I explained to you privately I've already tried the Hive sensors and they aren't very accurate and don't work well in any situation with reflective surfaces (like any home -- even after I removed all the pictures from the walls and covered up my glass cabinets I had a problem with our reflective wood floors).  I think in some situations it can be a viable solution, but in the end the PN was a much better one for me.

And the bike helmet idea is nothing new -- some of our forum members have done it and thus I was inspired to buy one and the arm to work with.  I just haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
nealtucker
nealtucker
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Anyone know the price for "Xsens" when compared to PN.? On the RL site, it says it's an affordable way for motion capture, but what can we compare it too, they have no prices on their site which usually means it's expensive. it looks like the advantage is no magnetic interference problems and can be used in any situation inside and out.

The other thing I do not understand from RL is the huge price of the face capture plugin where you use a webcam? if it was more affordable I'm sure they would sell lot's of software units to this community, I would get one for sure but it would have to be no more than £300.00 or the same as the iPhone plugin, we know it does not have the depth feature like the iphone but that is fine for general lip sync duties which most would folk would appreciate here.
N.     

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View my latest Iclone project THEY ARE HERE Renegades versus the overlords Resize Editor
Edited
6 Years Ago by nealtucker
brothertcoleman
brothertcoleman
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
I use Live Face with my iPhone XS Max and was hoping to use it with the new 2018 iPad with Face ID but I see its not compatible ,maybe eventually.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e976e3c4-af27-4ce1-83e5-d9fc.jpg

| Windows 11 64bit / iClone7 Pro / Headshot Plug-in / Character Creator v4 / Perception Neuron Profile for Motion LIVE 2D Plug-in/ CrazyTalk 8 Pipline / FaceFilter v3 PRO / Cartoon Animator 5 Pipeline/Serif DrawPlus X8 / 3DXchange 6 Pro / WidgetCast PRO / DP Animation Maker / PopVideo 3
Edited
6 Years Ago by brothertcoleman
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
LIVE FACE has updated new version v1.04, you can try again.
brothertcoleman
brothertcoleman
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Thanks,I will try again when I get time

| Windows 11 64bit / iClone7 Pro / Headshot Plug-in / Character Creator v4 / Perception Neuron Profile for Motion LIVE 2D Plug-in/ CrazyTalk 8 Pipline / FaceFilter v3 PRO / Cartoon Animator 5 Pipeline/Serif DrawPlus X8 / 3DXchange 6 Pro / WidgetCast PRO / DP Animation Maker / PopVideo 3
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
michaellegge52 (11/3/2018)
Can you use either the iPhone XS or XR for live mocap. Don't want to buy the wrong phone. Thanks.

The iPhone XR works brilliantly with LIVE Face so you have no worries going for the cheaper iPhone model.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic