CC 3D Scan Heads (Available Now)

Posted By Miranda (RL) 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
Miranda (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Before CC-3D Scan Workflow is revealed, we'd like to show you the 3D Scan Heads content pack as a proven solution of 3D Scan Workflow.

The 3D Scan Heads Pack contains 10 heads, 5 female & 5 male. 
The file format will be .ccSlider and .ccAvatarPreset.
When applying .ccAvatarPreset on a character, morph data and skin texture will be shown directly.

Let's take a look!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1e28fd18-4196-44d8-885e-faf5.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c57d688b-4731-4713-b807-4ac9.jpg

High Quality - 4K Texture
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/41ddd5b7-3654-4d5d-87f4-2a9e.jpg

Head Morph (.ccSlider)
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/97cb8951-4555-4be3-b405-b02b.jpg

Edited
5 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Excellent stuff.
Very promising.  However, they highlight the need for sub-surface scattering (SSS) in the CC3 and iClone native real-time renderers (without resorting to long Iray render times).

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

TopOneTone
TopOneTone
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
This looks good, but can you clarify what is meant by "scan". From the post title I thought it was going to refer to the re-introduction of the ability to scan photos and then import it onto the avatar's face to enable the creation of "look-alike" characters, but the examples suggest otherwise. Can someone elaborate on what this is actually about.
Thanks,
Tony 
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

The are doing high-resolution laser and image scans of a live person to create a detailed 3D model of that person's head.

Initially they are provided scans (models) done by some "studio."
In the future it might become something you can do, like motion capture, but I have no idea how much the equipment would cost.  Maybe it could use a series of photographs or something, I don't know.
This is totally different than the "head from photo" that we can do using CrazyTalk 8.

I'm not a big-time expert on this, but I hope that helped.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

brent_114049
brent_114049
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Will this allow us to create true 3D scans using something like the iPhone X and XS "true depth" sensor or other consumer grade 3D scanners/apps?  I've been trying to figure out a way to do this (see https://forum.reallusion.com/389935/Ethnicity-Face-Morphs-with-CC3-and-iPhone-X) but am finding it difficult...  So, if a standard solution is coming from Reallusion, that would be great!
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

brent_114049 (10/29/2018)
Will this allow us to create true 3D scans...

"Us?"  No.  Not initially.
Maybe someday?  Maybe.

See my reply from a few days ago.  I believe I summarized it correctly.

Miranda(RL), would you clarify this again?

Edited
6 Years Ago by justaviking
brent_114049
brent_114049
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Yes, I saw your posting, and it makes sense, but I just wondered if it is really the case that they are using "high-resolution laser and image scans" or something like the new iPhone X (and XS) true depth camera.  It doesn't use lasers but infrared emitters capable of sending out something like 30,000 unique "dots" to capture a true 3D image.  Apps have been built that use the true depth camera, along with the "normal" 2D camera, to capture a 3D model and simultaneously capture a texture image.  It is pretty astonishing how well it works.  In addition to the iPhone, there are other consumer (or maybe I should say "prosumer") grade devices that do similar things...  so, it seems very possible that we could be empowered do it ourselves, right now, today.  This, to me, would be ideal.  I just don't know if that is what Reallusion has in mind.  I sure hope so...
Edited
6 Years Ago by brent_114049
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
brent_114049 (10/29/2018)
Yes, I saw your posting, and it makes sense, but I just wondered if it is really the case that they are using "high-resolution laser and image scans" or something like the new iPhone X (and XS) true depth camera.  It doesn't use lasers but infrared emitters capable of sending out something like 30,000 unique "dots" to capture a true 3D image.  Apps have been built that use the true depth camera, along with the "normal" 2D camera, to capture a 3D model and simultaneously capture a texture image.  It is pretty astonishing how well it works.  In addition to the iPhone, there are other consumer (or maybe I should say "prosumer") grade devices that do similar things...  so, it seems very possible that we could be empowered do it ourselves, right now, today.  This, to me, would be ideal.  I just don't know if that is what Reallusion has in mind.  I sure hope so...

We will be launching a 3D Scan workflow page for CC3 to show how the process works in some detail. Once it is available we will post a thread about it on the forum. This will initially be aimed primarily at professional studios who have the required equipment, but of course anyone with an interest in this field can take a look for sure and better understand what is involved.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

modernstoryteller
modernstoryteller
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
This content pack looks fantastic!

I noticed the Facebook post about it said it would be available at the end of October. Do you have any news about the new ETA?

Thanks in advance.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Unfortunately we have had a small delay but we hope to have this pack ready for release later this week.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
6 Years Ago by Peter (RL)

Reading This Topic