3DXchange - Not Enough Memory!

Posted By Atonnis 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Atonnis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I have been attempting to get characters out of CC3 into 3DXchange.  Then I tried getting characters with 1/10th the polycount into 3DXchange from CC3.
Then I tried getting characters out of DAZ into CC3 into 3DXchange.

Other than one glitch about colour that I've managed to work around. I have one really serious issue.

I seem to not be able to import anything into 3DXchange.  The best I have managed is getting within a few percent of the end and then the message pops up 'Not Enough Memory!'

I cleared down my C: drive so there's tons of virtual memory available.  I shut down every other program after rebooting, and I'm at my wits end of what next to do.

Characters imported range from 5MB to 200MB - it doesn't matter what size the file is, or its format.

raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
The problem with 3dxchange is that it is a 32bit App, so after 3gb of memory it will crash. So either reduce polycount or texture resolution and hope it doesn't run out of memory
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
It's almost never a polygon issue -- I've imported environments from Daz that have several million polys with no problem.  It's almost surely a texture map issue.

If you want to run my Blender python routine it will fix the issue -- it removes the texture maps and then you can reload them again after you have brought it into iClone.  You can do this yourself as well if you want to screw up the object(s) -- in Daz, for example, you can use Texture Atlas, but I would not recommend this (it reduces all your textures down, not just some, into one honking UV that you then cannot edit any reasonable way).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Atonnis
Atonnis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
raxel_67 (10/23/2018)
The problem with 3dxchange is that it is a 32bit App, so after 3gb of memory it will crash. So either reduce polycount or texture resolution and hope it doesn't run out of memory

I know this has been asked a million times before, but would it really be so hard to create a 64-bit version of 3DXchange?  At the moment I know it as the only way I can mass convert/produce animations set against a mesh

It's also weird that it wouldn't accept a file only 2-3 MB in size - surely that should have worked.

BTW, I'm still getting borked output in CC3 - wrong colour of outfits, shoes that don't stay on the feet.  I fortunately had pre-saved them so deleted and re-added from the Custom library.

Still, in today's world with all the hyper realism factor coming in AND the need to be able to import larger files as well as smaller ones, surely 3DXchange needs that uplift, or the other applications need to take over completely, with full tutorials.
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Atonnis (10/23/2018)
I know this has been asked a million times before, but would it really be so hard to create a 64-bit version of 3DXchange?

No known plans to do that.
At least not as part of the 7.x cycle.
The customers remain baffled.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Rogue Anime
Rogue Anime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
We remain ROBBED of the cost of 3DX7 - it NEVER worked right, and they have ZERO plans to fix it to my knowledge. I guess they just figured CC3 would 'solve' that problem - MISDIRECTION.
The program never worked as advertised, and Reallusion never offered those of us who bought it ANYTHING in the way of reparations or fixes for their not fully-functional program.  ~V~.  

Val RogueAnanda
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e82de505-c57a-40b9-8cb0-9f87.png

Edited
6 Years Ago by Rogue Anime
kungphu
kungphu
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
The red headed stepchild.... never worked right with textures as KT pointed out. Blessing and curse. It’s a way to bring in all our external assets but as all the other applications have grown leaps and bounds... 3DXchange has been pretty much the same. :/

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic