Profile Picture

cant flip dummy once in composer mode.

Posted By darkinc 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
darkinc
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I saw that 7 yrs ago this issue was raised an apparently never fixed or addressed, Please correct me if im wrong
but im trying to build a custom actor but after i set the dummy to the proper direction and go into composer view to replace the sprite 
the dummy auto flips back the wrong way...Im aware that it could just be loaded into an image editor and saved as a new but
it seems like this would be something that could easily be incorporated with a flip button added to composer toolbar section
and would greatly increase workflow? Any chances on this becoming a reality? Or am i doing something wrong?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
This was actually addressed with the creation of G2 characters that were introduced in CTA2. G2 characters can have multiple angles (0, 45, 90, 135, 180, 225, 270, 315).

However for G3 characters you will need to create them using either the pre-defined front or side templates in CTA3 or using the PDS templates if you have the Pipeline edition.

So if you have pre-drawn characters that are facing the wrong way for the G3 templates, you can just horizontal flip your character  in your image editing software so it matches the template. Then in CTA3 you can have your character facing either left or right by using the Horizontal Flip button on the top toolbar.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

darkinc
darkinc
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I understand that, But why muddy work flow? Would it be so difficult to have a flip button in composer view for the dummy not the custom sprite.
that way if i load a dummy into composer view and then realize the custom sprite is facing the wrong direction i could simply press the flip button flip the dummy and wala
done and no need to do all the extra image editor work! This just doesnt seem like a difficult thing to add. I guess i can throw it in the suggestion box but this really seems like a no brainer!
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Please do submit your request in the Feedback Tracker. This will allow others to support your request. The most requested features will be more likely to be implemented.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic