Profile Picture

Unity, Cry, or Unreal for external rendering?

Posted By eternityblue 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Unity, Cry, or Unreal for external rendering?

Author
danielswright2311_182877
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (688 reputation)Veteran Member (688 reputation)Veteran Member (688 reputation)Veteran Member (688 reputation)Veteran Member (688 reputation)Veteran Member (688 reputation)Veteran Member (688 reputation)Veteran Member (688 reputation)Veteran Member (688 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Blender is a really good choice, I love blender myself for creating worlds. 

Check out my new Bible Forums
urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
eternityblue (10/21/2018)
Ok, well after some soul searching before I invested much time into Unreal, I have decided to go with Blender and Eevee, which I'm already comfortable modeling in, the node system etc already makes some sense to me, and my volumetric tests today were good. They fixed some issue recently with dynamic painting and now my oceans are rendering fast and accurately in Eevee too, so even at alpha 2 I can use it for some things I can't do in iClone. I need to figure out importing and adding sss to iClone characters, but otherwise I think I am good to go. Blender makes the most sense in the long run. 

Its very crashy still so what you need to do is well do all the work except the shaders in blender 2.79 set up cycles in 2.79 and then save and open in 2.8.    My last tries to actually do more then that resulted in a crash after a few keystrokes since its still in alpha its not really usable yet.     But you can use the render abilities although I wouldnt push that yet.. its simply not stable enough yet but its getting there.    

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

Reading This Topic