Eye Mesh Issues after CC3 Conversion

Posted By LookingGlassGraphics 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
LookingGlassGraphics
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I've created a support ticket and have asked others about this issue but I don't seem to get a straight answer so hopefully someone can tell me what's going on here.
Daz Gen 2 Female imported straight into 3DXchange does not give me any issues with the eyes. The pivots are where they need to be and the expressions pose no issues. I'm using this as a reference to let others know that the issue isn't stemming from a Daz export straight into 3DXchange.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bea0ab2e-df4e-4c60-abd1-8a73.jpg
 https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/792dd853-1ef6-4a9c-a4ef-c120.jpg

Now, I showed the previous image because I was trying to track down exactly where things went wrong. I made sure everything was set up properly in Daz and I was able to do the same as I've done several hundreds of times. I'm using CC3 as I have a large scale project I am commissioned for and want to be able to reduce polygon count and use the assets I have in CC3 for the characters I am working on. So I bring in this character via the Transformer tool from CC3 and now I get these results.....
(Using the mouse to drag eye space and facial morphs)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/788e91a9-59ef-4d33-9ba1-363b.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e419e4e2-5321-43a1-a4dc-0f70.jpg

(Using the Facial Editor)
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7eb8a514-25ab-45fa-ba40-35bf.jpg

(Inside 3DXchange after Transforming to a CC3 Avatar)
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/13b5a0ea-09cb-4a97-b86d-1478.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/79a5686e-bc40-4695-85c9-cc6f.jpg

Notice how now the eye pivots are out of wack. This isn't an issue with the character, as it has happened with other characters I have imported, nor Daz, nor 3DXchange. In my opinion the problem is occurring when using CC3 Transform Tool. It seems to offset the eye pivots drastically. Please please please update CC3 and fix the issue that myself and others are having. I wasn't one to rush the release but I did purchase the Early Bird special and hoped by the time this was released it would be a worry free solution to my production pipeline. If anyone has a solution to this please leave some feedback. Thank you !!

J. Rosa
Marketplace Link:
Looking Glass Graphics

Primary
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 32.0 GB RAM, 12 GB Dedicated Ram
Secondary 
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32.0 GB RAM, 4 Core(s), 8 GB Dedicated Ram

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Please can you try updating to the 3.01 version which has been released today. This should resolve eye issues with Daz Genesis 2 characters.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

LookingGlassGraphics
LookingGlassGraphics
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Hello Peter, yes I can confirmed the issue with Daz Gen2 base characters have been fixed. I am still getting the same issues with Daz Gen8 characters. I don't know if the issue has to be resolved for each of the generations but it still isn't 100% working on my end even after the update. 

J. Rosa
Marketplace Link:
Looking Glass Graphics

Primary
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
Secondary 
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32.0 GB RAM, 4 Core(s), 8 GB Dedicated Ram

LookingGlassGraphics
LookingGlassGraphics
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Anyone else having the eye issues with Gen8 imported characters?

J. Rosa
Marketplace Link:
Looking Glass Graphics

Primary
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
Secondary 
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
LookingGlassGraphics (10/20/2018)
Anyone else having the eye issues with Gen8 imported characters?

Hi... 

We are not aware of any serious issues with Genesis 8 characters. 

Can you let us know more details such as the character you are having problems with, steps to reproduce the problem, and provide a screenshot showing the issues specific to Genesis 8.

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

LookingGlassGraphics
LookingGlassGraphics
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Gen8 was the very 1st one I had the issue with and created a support ticket for, never got resolved. Gen2,  was the second issue I had which did get resolved. The same eye mesh issue for both. I wll try bringing in another gen8 once more and keep you posted once I get a chance. Thanks for the reply. 

J. Rosa
Marketplace Link:
Looking Glass Graphics

Primary
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
Secondary 
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Reading This Topic