Profile Picture

Transform an object to the current camera view

Posted By jose_55 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jose_55
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi, I've searched and can't find an answer to this.  This is the first I am creating a large forest scene. 
My problem is that many times I've added a light, camera or prop and it appears at the world center.  I find it on the scene tab, 
click on the name and there are no options to relocate it to my view where "I am." 
I see the XYZ color bars far away where I don't want it.  Is there a hot-key that brings the prop to the current camera view?
To move it now, I get the XYZ coord from my camera, then go to the transform of the prop and punch in the camera numbers.
The prop then relocates to the area I need it.   
Thank you
iClone 7.22, Windows 10
Rampa
This post has been flagged as an answer
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 minutes ago
There is a tool for aligning the selected object to another object. So could select your new object in the scene manager and align it to something in your camera view. Tool is the toolbar. See the link for which one it is and how to use it.
https://manual.reallusion.com/iClone_6/ENU/Pro_6.0/11_Props/Prop/Aligning_Objects.htm
jose_55
jose_55
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thank you, that works.

Reading This Topic