Profile Picture

Material Setting Animation Problems -- Invisible keyframes? Can't remove animation?

Posted By bexley 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Material Setting Animation Problems -- Invisible keyframes? Can't...

Author
bexley
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I have a character with fixed hair texture. In order to make a luminance mask, I turn the hair white and make it self illuminated and switch off the ambient light.  However, for some reason, this no longer works.  Now, when I deleat the material changes key (in this case the hair), the material continues to animate as if the key was still there.  And when I try to cut and paste the original key (key one, see attachments) it makes no difference.  It is as if the keys have been welded into the material?  Or are invisible?

In other words, I cannot deleate or undo the new key.

What is going on?

TIA.

--Bex.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6af9b5b9-e046-4d07-9890-9d82.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a1260425-13e4-437f-addf-dc44.jpg
bexley
bexley
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
SOLVED IT!

The hair is a seperate object (a prop) -- however, because it was attached to the character, I was able to make all texture adjustments through the character Modify Textures panel (which I did).  These modifications appeared in the character panel, but when material animation was deleated from the character time-line, the keys remained in the Prop Materials timeline.

Is this a bug?

Either way, it's something worth knowing!

Cheers

--Bex.

Reading This Topic