Decrypt Key File

Posted By Dan Miller 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Dan Miller
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Hmm, I'm not understanding this completely. I do see if I were to purchase something in the market place then an export license allows fbx export. What I'm trying to do at the moment is bring in an outside character (fbx) into CC2. It need a Decrypt Key File. How do I get that? 

If I bring the character into 3DXchange Pipeline that works but then it re-applies the rig, and sends to iClone only, not CC. Am I the only one that finds this process confusing?
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Here is my understanding: CC2 can only import modified CC characters (which will get a key when being exported).

For non-CC (e.g. DAZ) characters you need 3DXchange, which will then convert that character into a non-standard iClone character. This character can be used in iClone, but it is not compatible with Character Creator.

CC3 Pipeline will have the option of directly importing and converting characters into proper CC characters, However, I believe this is restricted to DAZ characters of various generations. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Ok, I appreciate the info. So it sounds like non-standard characters, with the exception of Daz, is not allowed. If someone wants to make characters for the Unity Asset store then Reallusion is not the solution. I would need to get Maya or something similar.

I think Reallusion products are excellent, I just didn’t realize that they would control my content. I should have read the fine print.
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
I don't work for Reallusion, so if you have very specific questions, it's probably best to contact them directly. Or perhaps Peter (RL) will come to the rescue...Unsure

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
danmiller (9/18/2018)
If someone wants to make characters for the Unity Asset store then Reallusion is not the solution. I would need to get Maya or something similar.

I think Reallusion products are excellent, I just didn’t realize that they would control my content. I should have read the fine print.

I think Animagic has answered your other questions, but just to confirm, if you DON'T want to sell your custom content through the Reallusion Stores, then unfortunately Character Creator will probably not be the software for you. To have 100% control over your custom content you will need to build your characters in software like Maya or 3DS Max from the ground up.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
6 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Got it, thanks Peter.
rjj1234
rjj1234
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Dan, I have a .FBX file (character) created from scratch in Blender and rigged in 3D Max. Apparently the artist who created it, had problems with the export from 3dMax and the exported file did not include a "Key" file  - which prevents me from importing it into CC3.  It imports perfectly into 3dXchange Pipeline and iClone but I'd love to be able to manipulate it (and add the textures which were apparently exported separately)   using CC3.

Thanks!

Robert

Reading This Topic