OK - this is driving me crazy!

Posted By Atonnis 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Atonnis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Obviously I know there are development concerns, patches, QA, preparation for mass downloads, etc....

......but please, the release date has always said September, and the first 1/3 is gone already.

Please! Please! Please! Give us a date - you must be close enough now - and I'm going crazy with all the amazing things CC3 will bring!  I have a collection of so many things I've had to start scribbling on walls around me to give the ideas space.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
OTOH, wouldn't you rather have it right than sooner?

IOW, if you get it right away but it doesn't work well, then it doesn't do you much good.  Be patient -- you'll get it when it's "done" and you don't want it before that time.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Kelly is right, i would rather have a working cc3 than a bugfest cc3, specially since reallusion has a lot of problems getting things right, and they are painfully slow getting things fixed specially now that they are spread thin with all the plugins they are developing and the QA department they have is substandard. So it is best to give them some time
Atonnis
Atonnis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Well. To be fair I did mention all the last minute development wrangles and passing QA and stuff. Stuff meaning getting it right. I actually have first hand experience of this, but not on your scale. 

I was just squeezing in fun to see what we could find out. Apologies if that upset you.

Paul C
Atonnis
Atonnis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Well, in the interests of changing the subject (kind-of).  Here are two more, father Mickey and daughter Arcadia, who are looking forward to the release as well.  Mickey is my mental wellbeing dog AND has saved me by running and getting people to help when I had my stroke and subsequent seizures.  Arcadia won a best-in-show aware at a dog show competition she didn't even enter.  She just happened by being pushed in a buggy by my ex and the judges ruled her as winner.

Now THAT'S what I call a distraction from the subject! BigGrin
raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Lol nice dogs, by the way no one was upset, at least not with you.

cheers
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Right -- Hey, we've ALL been there. No matter what it is -- software, hardware (new iPads out yet?), personal life, there is ALWAYS something we want NOW and waiting seems, well, just unfair.  Particularly those of us older folks who feel the sands of time slipping away.  The one thing I do know, as much as I come down on RL, is they are pretty good on deadlines.  MUCH better than a lot of companies.

Indeed, I would argue that they are sometimes TOO good on deadlines, getting things out they might have taken a bit more time with to get right.  So while I'm as anxious as you for the release of CC3, I do want them to get it right.  If that means a few more weeks, then fine.  Again, given their history, it's unlikely to be longer than that.  If they go past October I'd be AMAZED (so at the very least we're looking at three or four weeks).

Just pet your puppies and let them distract you (heaven's know my cats do -- if it weren't for them I'd spend all day in my computer chair, which isn't Good).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Atonnis
Atonnis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Heh. I can't disagree.  Please don't get me wrong, I think Reallusion is one the best software companies out there, and...oh you may not have realised this Mike, but I'm Paul Charters who you've been chatting to on YouTube about getting DAZ3D right clothing to fit!

The strange this is, as long as all major functionality worked with minimal fuss, I'm more forgiving of little things here and there because of the Reallusion Hub. Simple small updates fixing little issues in the background are always preferable to big updates with tons of fixes that are piled into a big update that can take months to arrive.

It's like DLC for games is now starting to take a different route.  Anthem (Bioware) for example, has changed their DLC model into a steady stream of small updates and fixes to be released constantly, and new content is intended on a more weekly basis - granted that's new content...but even as a developer would you feel great that your fixes reached the public in hours/days instead of the next big update months down the line?

The fault IS all mine, I accept that, but I think it's because I've been a serious beta tester for 20 years and helping out and narrowing down bugs just gives me a sense of mini-pride that I'm helping to make an awesome product greater.

Anyway...blah blah blah....I'm nattering. I just wanted to show to the community that I'm not an over impatient a-hole who can't wait.  I'm just an eager beaver whose loved RLs software since I discovered iClone6 Pipeline and CC1 and have kept up ever since.  I have some big plans for the new ones.

Now all I need is to afford the new nVidea Geforce RTX 2080Ti.  With it's real-time ray tracing capability I'm chomping at the bit. If anyone wants to swap a GTX 1080 and a GTX 980 for one, I'll gladly swap (and pay a bit of cash)!  Or, if someone wants to buy me two because I'm so loveable, a pair of those SLI'd up would fly through 

animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Atonnis (9/9/2018)
Now all I need is to afford the new nVidea Geforce RTX 2080Ti.  With it's real-time ray tracing capability I'm chomping at the bit. If anyone wants to swap a GTX 1080 and a GTX 980 for one, I'll gladly swap (and pay a bit of cash)!  Or, if someone wants to buy me two because I'm so loveable, a pair of those SLI'd up would fly through

You know that iClone currently does not support SLI, right? So if you have extra cash, use it for more RAM...Tongue

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
animagic (9/9/2018)
Atonnis (9/9/2018)

You know that iClone currently does not support SLI, right? So if you have extra cash, use it for more RAM...Tongue

That, and the application also needs to support RTX.  It's a safe bet iClone does not.

So now that I've disillusioned you, you probably don't want that RTX 2080Ti anymore.  You can send it to me.  I'll find an old card to send back to you in exchange so you're not left empty handed.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Reading This Topic