Iray & Mocap

Posted By lucasfarleigh 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
lucasfarleigh
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (838 reputation)Veteran Member (838 reputation)Veteran Member (838 reputation)Veteran Member (838 reputation)Veteran Member (838 reputation)Veteran Member (838 reputation)Veteran Member (838 reputation)Veteran Member (838 reputation)Veteran Member (838 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi,
I just had two questions I need to ask:
1. When will Iray come out and be available to use?
2. I want to use two motion capture methods: Kinect and Iphone X.
I do not need live broadcast functions
which way can I get these two methods and to put it into iclone.
How expensive would it be?
Thanks
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

Iray will launch with Character Creator 3 around the end of the 3rd quarter or early 4th quarter. For iClone 7 it will release towards the end of the year. The same plug-in will work with both products.

To use Live Face with the iPhone X requires the Motion Live Plug-in plus the Live Face profile. The prices for these can be found HERE.

The Kinect Mocap Device Plug-in doesn't work with the Motion Live system but can be purchased and installed separately. The current price for this plug-in can be found HERE.

I hope this helps.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

lucasfarleigh
lucasfarleigh
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (838 reputation)Veteran Member (838 reputation)Veteran Member (838 reputation)Veteran Member (838 reputation)Veteran Member (838 reputation)Veteran Member (838 reputation)Veteran Member (838 reputation)Veteran Member (838 reputation)Veteran Member (838 reputation)

They say late September - do we know this for sure or is it just an estimation?
Additionally Do you need the cc3 pipeline if you have the 3d exchange pipeline?
Edited
6 Years Ago by lucasfarleigh
lucasfarleigh
lucasfarleigh
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
lucasfarleigh (9/6/2018)

Peter (RL) (9/6/2018)
Iray will launch with Character Creator 3 around the end of the 3rd quarter or early 4th quarter. For iClone 7 it will release towards the end of the year.

Sounds like an estimation to me.

We are approaching "the end of the 3rd quarter," so it should be a reasonable estimate unless they discover any serious, difficult-to-fix issues.

Simply based on history and the software industry in general, I'd say "early 4th quarter" is the more likely of the two estimates.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

richard666
richard666
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
hi Peter

i was interested to read this post because ive been trying to fathom out how to use iray with iclone7.3.  

Now it makes sense that the plugin for iclone 7 is not quite ready yet.

I have i read your post correctly?  If so it is a relief because i just need to wait for launch

thanks peter
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
richard666 (10/12/2018)
i was interested to read this post because ive been trying to fathom out how to use iray with iclone7.3.  

Correct.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
justaviking (10/12/2018)
richard666 (10/12/2018)

Correct.

From what I understand there is only one Iray plugin, but iClone is not ready for it yet. I believe an updated iClone will be available before the end of this year.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic