Profile Picture

Iclone crashes when I try to record audio for lip sync

Posted By Chakradude 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Chakradude
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Chakradude (8/28/2018)
Kelleytoons (8/28/2018)
[quote]Chakradude (8/28/2018)
I hear you. I have a huge library of daz3d models I have been collecting since 2004 so was looking forward to using them in iclone. It's clear to me now that I will just have to bite the bullet and get a machine that has a good video card. My Inspiron does well with everything except rendering in Daz studio. (iray being the major clot in the workflow) In the mean time I think I can get some use from crazy talk.

Daz stuff works AMAZINGLY well in iClone -- all of my sets and props are Daz.  And, soon (by the end of next month most likely) Character Creator 3 will be out (free for the basic version) and you can use all your Daz figures and clothing with it as well (for the clothing you might want to get the paid version).

I have some tutorials on the best way to import Daz stuff so if you get to that point let me know and I'll point you to them (you will also need 3DXChange as well).

yes actually I read and looked at a lot of your posts and tutorials thats what convinced me to buy...but I dont want to spend that much and then be constantly fighting an overloaded system. I guess I gotta start saving up
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Now I'm feeling sad :<(  

While I don't mind spending anyone else's money, I'm sorry if I misled you into thinking you'd be okay with your system.  iClone is *very* demanding -- worth it, IMHO, but not something you can run on just any computer.  As I said, I made that mistake myself (I *really* liked the Dell 15" XPS laptop -- reminded me of my MacBook Air -- but even that high priced machine couldn't run iClone 7).

I don't think laptops are the way to go -- you can get a far cheaper, more powerful desktop computer, and that can always have its GPU upgraded in ways a laptop cannot (some folks say "well, get an external GPU and then you can use an external monitor".  Or you can just do it right and get a desktop computer for cheaper instead of turning your laptop into one).  There will be deals now on the 1070 nVidia cards (which are fine for running 7) and any desktop that can run that can run 7.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Chakradude
Chakradude
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)

Kelleytoons (8/28/2018)
Now I'm feeling sad :<(  

While I don't mind spending anyone else's money, I'm sorry if I misled you into thinking you'd be okay with your system.  iClone is *very* demanding -- worth it, IMHO, but not something you can run on just any computer.  As I said, I made that mistake myself (I *really* liked the Dell 15" XPS laptop -- reminded me of my MacBook Air -- but even that high priced machine couldn't run iClone 7).

I don't think laptops are the way to go -- you can get a far cheaper, more powerful desktop computer, and that can always have its GPU upgraded in ways a laptop cannot (some folks say "well, get an external GPU and then you can use an external monitor".  Or you can just do it right and get a desktop computer for cheaper instead of turning your laptop into one).  There will be deals now on the 1070 nVidia cards (which are fine for running 7) and any desktop that can run that can run 7.

Ha No you cant take credit for that one I done it all myself. Definitely going the tower route this time as my laptop still is snappy for photoshop etc...

Edited
6 Years Ago by Chakradude
Chakradude
Chakradude
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

this was a double post
Edited
6 Years Ago by Chakradude

Reading This Topic