Profile Picture

Iclone crashes when I try to record audio for lip sync

Posted By Chakradude 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Chakradude
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi new to iclone, just bought it and I wish I could rave about how great it is. My problem is when I click on animation and go to script to make a recording I get the recording box but when I rercord you dont see the wave form but there is slight animation of the flat line and when I click on end or stop it does not respond multiple clicks usually produce the iclone is not responding window and somethimes it finally stops but usually it crashes iclone. when it does stop I have some times got a recording out of it. but you can hear multiple clicking for all the failed attempts at stopping and it is useless for lip sync. it records very quiet. Mostly it just crashes. 
I bought it for lip sync so this is kind of a deal breaker if I cant get it working.... 

I can report this on the bug tracker but I thought I would start here in case this is a known issue that can be easily remidied (hope hope)

thanks in advance for any help

Bob

Del inspiron 7000   i5  2.3GH    8 gigs ram

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Are you using iClone 7?  The Dell Inspiron won't have enough GPU horsepower to really run it effectively, although you *might* be able to get it to work if you turn off a lot of features (go to the view mode and try "Quick View" and if that doesn't work go into the custom view settings and uncheck just about everything).

That would be my guess as to why recording isn't happening, but that laptop really isn't for iClone 7.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Chakradude
Chakradude
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)

Kelleytoons (8/28/2018)
Are you using iClone 7?  The Dell Inspiron won't have enough GPU horsepower to really run it effectively, although you *might* be able to get it to work if you turn off a lot of features (go to the view mode and try "Quick View" and if that doesn't work go into the custom view settings and uncheck just about everything).

That would be my guess as to why recording isn't happening, but that laptop really isn't for iClone 7.

Yeah I kinda figured that out shortly after I posted. guess I did not look at the system specs close enough. I am thinking to ask for a refund and go to crazytalk8 on my imac. it has a good enough card for that I think. Too bad as I was really looking forward to iclone. Thanks for the reply.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

iClone 7 is an amazing program, but it does need a decent GPU (I actually ordered and returned a Dell laptop because it wouldn't run it -- I ended up going with an MSI.  Essentially any decent gaming laptop will do it).

2D animation is much less demanding on any system, so CrazyTalk should work fine for you.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Chakradude
Chakradude
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Kelleytoons (8/28/2018)
iClone 7 is an amazing program, but it does need a decent GPU (I actually ordered and returned a Dell laptop because it wouldn't run it -- I ended up going with an MSI.  Essentially any decent gaming laptop will do it).

2D animation is much less demanding on any system, so CrazyTalk should work fine for you.

I hear you. I have a huge library of daz3d models I have been collecting since 2004 so was looking forward to using them in iclone. It's clear to me now that I will just have to bite the bullet and get a machine that has a good video card. My Inspiron does well with everything except rendering in Daz studio. (iray being the major clot in the workflow) In the mean time I think I can get some use from crazy talk.
sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Have you looked at CrazyTalk Animator 3? There is a version for the Mac.

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Chakradude (8/28/2018)
I hear you. I have a huge library of daz3d models I have been collecting since 2004 so was looking forward to using them in iclone. It's clear to me now that I will just have to bite the bullet and get a machine that has a good video card. My Inspiron does well with everything except rendering in Daz studio. (iray being the major clot in the workflow) In the mean time I think I can get some use from crazy talk.

Daz stuff works AMAZINGLY well in iClone -- all of my sets and props are Daz.  And, soon (by the end of next month most likely) Character Creator 3 will be out (free for the basic version) and you can use all your Daz figures and clothing with it as well (for the clothing you might want to get the paid version).

I have some tutorials on the best way to import Daz stuff so if you get to that point let me know and I'll point you to them (you will also need 3DXChange as well).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Chakradude
Chakradude
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

sjonesdc (8/28/2018)
Have you looked at CrazyTalk Animator 3? There is a version for the Mac.

Yeah I been looking at it. reminds me of flash which I worked with for years.... I will have to figure out which one, crazytalk or CTanimator, that I want to go with.
Chakradude
Chakradude
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Kelleytoons (8/28/2018)
Chakradude (8/28/2018)

Daz stuff works AMAZINGLY well in iClone -- all of my sets and props are Daz.  And, soon (by the end of next month most likely) Character Creator 3 will be out (free for the basic version) and you can use all your Daz figures and clothing with it as well (for the clothing you might want to get the paid version).

I have some tutorials on the best way to import Daz stuff so if you get to that point let me know and I'll point you to them (you will also need 3DXChange as well).

yes actually I read and looked at a lot of your posts and tutorials thats what convinced me to buybut I dont want to spend that much and then be constantly fighting an overloaded system

I keep trying to post and end up putting my text into the tag box.... guess I better get some sleepLOL

Edited
6 Years Ago by Chakradude
Chakradude
Chakradude
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Kelleytoons (8/28/2018)
Chakradude (8/28/2018)

Reading This Topic