Profile Picture

Creating characters for 3d printing

Posted By waplespunk 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
waplespunk
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I wanted to find out if and how I can use CC to create characters that I can pose and then export, with pose, to print. It's for a tabletop board game I'm designing so I would want to get the figures mass produced to sell with the game.

Is this something that I'm legally able to do? 

If so, what do I need to purchase? I'm assuming I would design in CC then export the model to iClone where I'd pose it. Can i export the posed file from there?

Thank you
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

With the new standalone Character Creator 3 Pipeline coming soon (see HERE), you will be able to create characters, pose them, and then export them all from within CC3. You won't need iClone to be able to do this, although iClone 7 will offer you further options for animating your characters and setting up full scenes for promotional materials.

Regarding the licensing for what you propose, please contact marketing@reallusion.com and let them know your plans. They will be able to advise you on any licensing requirements. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic