Profile Picture

Major Issue with Reallusion Content Downloader on Mac

Posted By sdaly 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
sdaly
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
It takes FOREVER to download purchased content using the Reallusion Content Downloader on a my Mac! (I have OS10.14)

Does any one else have trouble downloading content?  My internet speed is not great as I'm in a rural area and have satellite access only but I don't have a problem with other internet downloads.

I have installed the latest Reallusion Content Downloader and updated the Hub and CrazyTalkAnimator 3.3 and have followed all FAQ and tech support instructions/suggestions for downloading content I bought last month. It would download a tiny bit then hang not even allowing me to cancel. Each time I would have to wait for 4 or 5 min for it to time out and say "Network disconnected. Download failed." before I could click the retry button again. Many times it wouldn't advance at all. It took 2 days before I was able to complete that download!

Yesterday I purchased additional content and once again it is hanging and I'm having to wait 4 or 5 minutes. I keep getting "Network disconnected. Download failed." I tried all day yesterday and again this morning and have managed to get it to about 2/3rds downloaded so far before it wouldn't advance at all. I've even tried cancelling (which I can only do when the retry button comes up) but that takes me back to the start! I will persevere this time but PLEASE offer an alternative. Zipped file? Dropbox?

Very frustrating. I've looked at all the help pages, FAQs etc. What can I do? Please offer another way. Is this happening to other Mac users?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
I have had a check and the Content Downloader appears to be working fine and downloading at a consistent speed with no loss of connection.

It would seem the problem is likely related to your internet connection which you report is not the best.

I would advise trying to download when the internet is not in use by anyone else and also at off peak times when the connection is likely to be more stable. This may reduce the risk of the connection dropping out.

Unfortunately the DRM system we use prevents content from being supplied in zip form, however I will pass on your suggestions for consideration.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

sdaly
sdaly
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago

Thanks, Peter, for your reply. I have triedto download in off peak times etc.

Is there any reason for the cancel button not to work when the download hangs? The constant waiting for 4 minutes before I can retry is very frustrating.

I hope the Reallusion software gurus will look kindly at people with slow internet connections but for now it looks like I will be packing up my computer and visiting friends 30km away whenever I purchase content as I don’t have any alternatives for my internet where I live.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
Thank you for supplying more information.

Can you try temporarily turning off your security software (anti-virus, firewall etc.) and then try downloading again (remember to turn back on immediately after testing). This will help eliminate a problem with your security software that may be causing the problem.

If you still have the same issue after testing, please can you contact our Technical Support department using the link below. They can help you generate a log file to confirm where the problem is.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic