Profile Picture

Combine Character to Single Mesh

Posted By michael_208462 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
michael_208462
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hello,
Been working with one of the default characters Zane.
Is there a way to merge all the body parts, hair vest, etc etc into a single mesh.  

The reason i'm asking is because i assume it is the cause of certain meshes (vest and hair) not rendering when exported to gltf format.  
I've attached a pic of the final gltf file inside A-frame where the hair and vest are missing.  The fbx import into blender shows all parts including the hair and vest however exporting to gltf seems to make them vanish.  To help debug i want to combine all parts of the character into a single mesh to force the gltf to export all parts of the character.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ea748b7d-f01f-47c8-898c-8726.jpg

Any advice would be appreciated.  I did some research and found that inside the xchange7 pipeline program this is possible however when i open up the exported FBX file the option to "Merge body  parts into single mesh" is greyed out (see image below) 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7bdf2c42-d034-4840-8170-ce68.jpg
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
That merge body parts you're referring to was for older generation characters that has separate upper body, lower body, head, hands, and feet.
michael_208462
michael_208462
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)Junior Member (221 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Thanks for the clarification Rampa,
Any suggestions on how i can turn the character into one mesh on fbx export or prior using ic or cc?

Reading This Topic