Question about Multiple CC Characters in one Scene in iClone 7

Posted By Servatis 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Question about Multiple CC Characters in one Scene in iClone 7

Author
Servatis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Total newbie question, but how do I add a second character to a scene? I have two CC characters I'd like to have them interact and I feel silly, but I can't find how for the life of me. Any help is appreciated.
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
The easiest way would be to drag and drop it onto the set or, making sure you do not have a character selected, double click on the character to add it.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

mark
mark
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
And if you are working in CC there is a button in the toolbar at the top left labeled "Send Character to iClone" that will get the avatar to iClone as well....

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
and an important point as stated by jlittle. Make sure the first character you add to icone is not selected when you add the second character.
If you add another character and a character is selected in iClone then the new character will replace the selected character.

This is handy if you create animations on a character and you want to change the character to a different one.
The select the character you want to replace and load the new character. The original character will be replaced but all the animation on that character will remain for the new character.
You won't need to recreate the animations.

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
6 Years Ago by Delerna
tarrouis
tarrouis
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
hello I successfully got 2 characters in iClone7 but now I want to animate the one and the other. How to do that ? tks.
Jayso
Jayso
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (958 reputation)Veteran Member (958 reputation)Veteran Member (958 reputation)Veteran Member (958 reputation)Veteran Member (958 reputation)Veteran Member (958 reputation)Veteran Member (958 reputation)Veteran Member (958 reputation)Veteran Member (958 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi all, 
I'm attempting to import a second character FBX, but it keeps importing as a Prop. How can I make this second character import as an Avatar? I've done this correctly before, but did not makes notes! 
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Into iClone you cannot import an FBX as an avatar.  You can import the FBX into 3DX and then, using the Convert to non-standard, make it an avatar and THEN send it to iClone.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Jayso
Jayso
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (958 reputation)Veteran Member (958 reputation)Veteran Member (958 reputation)Veteran Member (958 reputation)Veteran Member (958 reputation)Veteran Member (958 reputation)Veteran Member (958 reputation)Veteran Member (958 reputation)Veteran Member (958 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks for clarifying this. I was able to get around the issue also by “sending to iClone” from my CC3 source character project. Does this achieve a proper import just as the 3DXchange method would?
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Yes, but it's not an FBX file if you are sending it from CC (it's a CC3 avatar).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic