Illustrator CTA3 Character Template

Posted By lancebradstreet 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
lancebradstreet
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I was wondering if anyone had ever tried creating an Adobe Illustrator character template for CTA3?  I'm more comfortable drawing in Illustrator and I'm currently in the process of trying to create a character template.  My thought was that I could setup the layer structure the same way as the PSD template and then just export the Illustrator file to PSD and only have to make minor adjustments.  I'm not an Adobe pro by any means so my initial attempt has not gone smoothly.  Some of the layers seemed to get combined in Photoshop for some reason.  I was wondering if anyone has done this successfully or if I'm better off just sticking with doing the initial drawings in Photoshop?  I was hoping to even add in all the body part tags from the PSD template so that I wouldn't have to really change anything.  It'd be nice if CTA3 offered an Illustrator import feature.  Thanks.
lancebradstreet
This post has been flagged as an answer
lancebradstreet
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)

I just finished an Illustrator template complete with all the bone and joint indicators. It was a bit tedious to get all the layers setup properly but it is working. I can now export a PSD file directly from Illustrator and import it into CTA3 without having to make any modifications to the PSD file.
gcshep
gcshep
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Hi you will probably have you heard  of Affinity Designer fraction of the price plus just as good for CTA3
https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/
Best Regards
George
lancebradstreet
lancebradstreet
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

I have heard of Affinity but I've never used it before.  I have Illustrator and Photoshop from a CS5 web design package that was purchased a number of years ago so I'm not paying for the monthly CC license but thanks for the suggestion.

Reading This Topic