Posted By jason.delatorre 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

So Frustrated. About to give up on importing from Maya to CC2

Author
jason.delatorre
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I am so darn frustrated at this point.

All I'm trying to do is pop in a shirt made in Maya on to my CC2 character.

I've tried skinning to the main bone, the hip bone, the waist bone, every bone you can think of.

I've copied the skin weights. I've gone through the youtube tutorials about 15 times.

For the life of me, I can't get beyond the freaking "Mesh is bound to the wrong bone(s) error. I don't know what to do anymore. I've tried about a million different ways and I've tried different pieces, too. Pants, a cape, shoes. hair - it doesn't matter. I get that same stupid error every time.

I've exported in FBX 2012, I've made sure it's a new scene in Maya. I only exported the CC stuff, and not all the Maya cameras and what not. I've even reset my Maya preferences.

It's obvious I'm doing something terribly wrong here but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is. Is there some secret sauce to get this right? I've attached the files if someone wants to take a look and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ffq6r712x2dx8u/Orasmas.zip?dl=0
Edited
6 Years Ago by jason.delatorre

Reading This Topic