Unable to Install Content.

Posted By steve_gill 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
steve_gill
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (732 reputation)Veteran Member (732 reputation)Veteran Member (732 reputation)Veteran Member (732 reputation)Veteran Member (732 reputation)Veteran Member (732 reputation)Veteran Member (732 reputation)Veteran Member (732 reputation)Veteran Member (732 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Since upgrading from CTA3 Professional to CTA3 Pipeline, I am unable to install any content.  I keep getting this error:  "Failed to initialize content install module of CrazyTalk Animator 3.22 Pipeline".

I have been on to support about this but nothing they have suggested fixes the problem.  Then 3 days ago they closed the ticket without the problem being resolved.  For the last 3 days I have tried submitting another ticket but keep getting an error message: "Support Notice: System error! Please try again later!"  There doesn't seem to be an email address I can contact them on.

Anyway, has anyone encountered the installation problem and, if so, did you find a solution for it?  I have around 30 content packs and none of them will install.

Thanks,

Steve

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear you are having problems installing your content.

Have you tried installing the latest version of the Content Downloader? This normally resolves errors like the one you receiving.

You can find the latest content downloader by using the link below.

https://www.reallusion.com/downloader/

Regarding contacting Support, tickets are automatically closed if there has been no user reply for 72 hours. This may have been the case here. However if you are currently getting errors submitting a new support ticket, please can you try using a different browser as this should allow the ticket to be sent.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

steve_gill
steve_gill
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (732 reputation)Veteran Member (732 reputation)Veteran Member (732 reputation)Veteran Member (732 reputation)Veteran Member (732 reputation)Veteran Member (732 reputation)Veteran Member (732 reputation)Veteran Member (732 reputation)Veteran Member (732 reputation)

Thanks Peter.

Already tried that.  I tried it again anyway but same result. 

I uninstalled CTA3 for the 4th time, rebooted the machine, reinstalled it.  I was able to download one content pack that wouldn't install before but the next one failed, and the next, and so on.

This is very frustrating because I haven't been able to get any work done for over a week now.

Regards,

Steve

steve_gill
steve_gill
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

By the way, I have been communicating with support for two weeks now via the ticket system and never had that error message.  Just tried it with Chrome, Edge and Opera - same error message:
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Steve,

Thanks for explaining more about the problem. We will look into this urgently to see what the problem is.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

steve_gill
This post has been flagged as an answer
steve_gill
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Hi Peter,

I finally managed to get the content to download.  I set RLDownloaderR2.exe to Run As Administrator (via Properties > Compatibility) and now the content is downloading.

Regards,

Steve

Reading This Topic