Profile Picture

[IMPORTANT] Major Architecture Update after June 4th, 2018!

Posted By Grace (RL) 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

[IMPORTANT] Major Architecture Update after June 4th, 2018!

Author
Grace (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Year
Major Architecture Update on Perception Neuron Plug-in after June 4th, 2018

After iClone 7.22 release, Perception Neuron Plug-in for iClone is fully upgraded using the new iClone Motion LIVE’s plug-in architecture. All body mocap interfaces are integrated into Motion LIVE plug-in with the ability to synchronously use face and hand tracking devices. It also directly supports motion capture for multiple characters. 

All purchasers of Perception Neuron Plug-in are eligible to receive the Perception Neuron Profile and a FREE copy of Motion LIVE before June 30th, 2018For the upgrade process, please refer to the Upgrade Guide.

Other helpful FAQ:
Please also note that after June 4th, 2018, we will no longer maintain this forum actively, and the discussions on Perception Neuron Profile will be hold in its dedicated forum HERE

We hope that this change will help you enjoy more possibilities of mocap! 

Edited
6 Years Ago by Grace (RL)
ruscular
ruscular
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Why do you need to buy 2 plugin to use the perception neuron suit? Motion live doesn't work without perception profile and vice versa, so it seems to me a part 1 and 2 mocap software.
I am not clear on what you need to get the perception neuron suit to work in Iclone? All I know is that you need to purchase 2 parts for any of it to work, but no idea what the function of each of them are if it takes both of them to work?

My best thought is just to make it work in another 3D program that I know how it would work and then import it to Iclone.

Edited
3 Years Ago by ruscular
animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
The Motion Live plugin is a hub that allows the combination of various mocap streams simultaneously. So you can have body mocap with Perception Neuron and at the same time facial mocap through Live Face (using an iPhone).

Motion Live was develop at the request of users who wanted to combine more than one mocap source.

The PN profile is the interface between the PN data stream and Motion Live.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

ruscular
ruscular
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)

Wow so you don't really need either one of them to use the perception neuron suit. So why don't they sell the whole plugin as one package? If the profile is just a interface to use the motion live, and motion live is just the hub for all the other interface. Then there is really no need to separate the parts that were design to be together!
Why would the user ask them to have the function be separated?
Edited
3 Years Ago by ruscular
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
ruscular (5/26/2021)
Wow so you don't really need either one of them to use the perception neuron suit. So why don't they sell the whole plugin as one package?

Because not everyone has the same motion capture systems. Why would a Rokoko user want a Perception Neuron profile and vice versa. Some users only want facial motion capture so they have no need for body mocap systems. The current Motion LIVE system allows everyone to purchase just the gear profiles they need for their particular mocap equipment.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
3 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
ruscular
ruscular
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Still not addressing why would you need to sell 2 parts of the complete system if one is a hub and the other is a connector to the hub, and you need both to make it work? All those that wanted a 2 part plugin, what were they using before that? For example Poser had a fusion plugin for lightwaver, 3dsmax, and Cinema4d, just one plugin for each user all tied together for each of them to be enable, and no confusion about what each of them do. It feel like a shoe salesman trying to sell shoes and the laces separate. If the hub is universal to all the different connector, then that just negated your argument that not everyone wants the same mocap system .
animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
I frankly don't understand what your problem is. The requirements for each mocap system are vastly different ,so it doesn't make sense to lump it all together in a super plugin that would be a nightmare to maintain.

Every time one of the mocap plugins needs a new update the whole thing would need to be updated, which is not good from a production stability perspective.

BTW, I just checked and Poser Fusion has been discontinued so they apparently figured it wasn't worth it or not maintainable.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

ruscular
ruscular
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Poser has a new ownership and was not able to buy the rights to the fusion plugin. Has nothing to do with this difficulty of maintaining a 2 part plugin.
It was a arbitrary example that I have never seen a 2 part plugin being sold separately yet need both parts to work. Beside that Perception Neuron give away their native program that works with many other program except Realillusion.
I finally found some help on using the suit without the added plugin that nobody here has yet to explain why and how. You say that people demanded this concept, and yet not explain what they did before this.
You literally explain that the hub is the same, but the profile is different. What additional nightmare would it be to update the profile? Hub and connector are both needed for the mocap to work! Its not that big of a problem to ask a question, but I guess it is if you can't answer it.
Feel free to correct me, but you don't need the additional plugin to import the BVH into Iclone if you have the pipeline 3dexchange. Which I have for both Iclone7 and CC3
And you can also bring the BVH file into DAZ3d, and then into Iclone7
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
ruscular (5/27/2021)
You say that people demanded this concept, and yet not explain what they did before this.
You literally explain that the hub is the same, but the profile is different. What additional nightmare would it be to update the profile? Hub and connector are both needed for the mocap to work! Its not that big of a problem to ask a question, but I guess it is if you can't answer it.

Before Motion LIVE each mocap option was a separate plug-in. So you had a separate plug-in for Perception Neuron, Faceware, Kinect and so on. The downside to this was that that facial mocap and body mocap had to be done separately. Motion LIVE allows you to perform all the motion capture at once which is obviously beneficial. And as mentioned previously you only need to purchase the gear profiles for the hardware you plan to use which saves money. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

ruscular
ruscular
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

This is good news, So I have the Kinectv2 (3 of them actually and just purchase the PN3 which is coming in mid June. I'll be able to combine them all? what ways could the Kinect and PN suit be combine?

Reading This Topic