Leap Motion Controller Profile

Posted By Grace (RL) 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Grace (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Year
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a5999c5a-8737-4e55-a350-e3d9.bmp

Here is the dedicated forum of the Leap Motion Controller Profile for Motion LIVE Plug-in.
Learn how to make it work from the Manual, and don't hesitate to share your thoughts and works!

Edited
6 Years Ago by Grace (RL)
shane.berezowski
shane.berezowski
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I picked this up yesterday and had it all setup to run with my Leap Motion controller really quickly. Seems very promising so far!

One question I have though is whether there is any way to zero out the arm and hand positions once I start previewing or recording inside of iClone. To better illustrate this, take a look at the following screenshot:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/74c72ed8-8846-41f4-a2d2-c6b4.png

When I began previewing, my one hand was lower to press the spacebar. As a result, it appears that there is some delta applied to my iClone avatar whereas my Leap Motion visualizer shows my hands roughly on the same plane. It would be nice if the iClone capture matched up 1:1 to what I see in the Leap Motion visualizer.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
I think you may have hit the nail on the head when it comes to my failure with using the Leap controller.  Clearly you have to move at least one arm away from the "standard" position in order to press the spacebar (for either record or preview).  And by doing that it then screws things up because once you start either previewing or recording the arms are never in alignment.

I think we need a "countdown" before the preview/capture starts -- even one or two seconds would help greatly in this process.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
shane.berezowski
shane.berezowski
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)

Agreed. A countdown or using the absolute positional data as seen from the visualizer instead of some relative value captured after beginning the sequence. The countdown would be really great as it would save you from having to trim the first little bit of every clip where it would have one of your hands pressing down on the spacebar.
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 minute ago
I wonder if it would be possible to program a USB-connected foot pedal to act as the spacebar? I don't even know if such a thing exists, but it seems it could be a solution.

I'm just reading up on the Leap Motion thing and it would be great for my purposes: creating gestures for dialog. I have the plugin for PN, but haven't purchased yet (currently out of stock anyway). LM is also affordable and it would give me something to play with.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
animagic (6/6/2018)
I wonder if it would be possible to program a USB-connected foot pedal to act as the spacebar?

Yes you can!
Check this out: USB FOOT SWITCH
EDIT: Here is another one: USB FOOT SWITCH

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Edited
6 Years Ago by jlittle
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
A USB switch would be nifty any time you need to run something with that spacebar!  
Edited
6 Years Ago by TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
-
Edited
6 Years Ago by TonyDPrime
shane.berezowski
shane.berezowski
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

jlittle (6/6/2018)
animagic (6/6/2018)
I wonder if it would be possible to program a USB-connected foot pedal to act as the spacebar?

Yes you can!
Check this out: USB FOOT SWITCH
EDIT: Here is another one: USB FOOT SWITCH

Jeff

As neat as a USB foot switch is, I feel like that shouldn't be a solution to this problem when it looks like the visualizer already has the proper data / tracking. I really don't want to spend money on addition peripherals when a patch could solve the problem...
oldnewusa
oldnewusa
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hey guys need a little HELP please.

Im gonna to buy 2 controllers of Leap Motion, actully for right / left hand.  

Im using Iclone with my pc and Laptop , i have full mocap gear , need only FINGERS so thats why im gona to buy 2 leap Controllers 

is this model bone be work? THanks a lot <3 

Reading This Topic