Renderocity to DAZ to IClone7

Posted By 45thdiv 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
45thdiv
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I was wondering if anyone has used any products from Renderocity. I saw a really good Arry for Gen 8 female. The Game of Thrones character. How well do they come over?

Thanks.

Matthew

PC stats:
Intel Core i7-5930K Processor (6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked to 3.9 GHz with Turbo Boost)

Windows 10
Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics, 8GB
Memory - 16GB Quad Channel  DDR4 at 2133MHz
DirectX - 12

256GB SSD 6Gb/s main HD + 4TB 6kRPM SATA 6Gb/s Storage

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 10 hours ago
If they are Genesis 8 characters they should import just the same as Daz3D's Genesis 8 characters. Do make sure you have the new 3DXchange 7.22 update for correct conversion.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

45thdiv
45thdiv
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Thanks Peter.

Matthew

PC stats:
Intel Core i7-5930K Processor (6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked to 3.9 GHz with Turbo Boost)

Windows 10
DirectX - 12

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 56 minutes ago
Just for fun I transferred her over.  Note a couple of things: I'm not super happy with the way the default textures look.  I'm pretty sure you can improve them (I did nothing other than a direct import).  Also, you won't be able to use the hair provided (it's fibermesh hair, which absolutely cripples iClone).  The scene below is using one of the "Hottest Hairstyles" hairs (also note you can't use any CC hair on this character - it's not a cc character and you can't make it into one).

I think a lot of what makes it look like Aria is the costume, which isn't provided.  So your mileage may vary (personally I think I could do a pretty good Aria in CC using CT8 Pipeline.  I may try later just for fun).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
45thdiv
45thdiv
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you Kelleytoons. That was the information I was looking for. I thought I would have discard the hair. I tend to do this with any DAZ figure I bring over, since the iClone hair looks good. While I do have the cc hairs, I have not used them yet. I haven’t had any time with work and family obligations. I think you are correct that we could do something similar in cc to create her, I was just thinking that if the character worked, then why reinvent the wheel? It probably would be faster to just make her in cc than to spend the time correcting the transfer character.

Thank you again for the help and advice on this one.

Matthew

PC stats:

Windows 10
DirectX - 12

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

I'm having fun trying to come up with my own Arya -- I found some pretty good images of Maisie and got a decent head from CT out of them.  If you want I'd be glad to share (I'll post another video showing a comparison of the two, but today I'm a bit busy.  I'll try and get it up tomorrow for sure).

The biggest drawback is you can't use any CC stuff on a Daz character, which to me is just crippling.  Now, you *can* of course use Daz clothing, but since I can import any Daz clothing easily and quickly into CC that isn't a huge deal (bonus -- I can also weight map it.  While it's conceivable you could weight map an entire Daz character, that isn't really practical).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
6 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Hello Matthew,
would you imagine Arya like this?
It's designed with the CC
Greetings from Germany
Postfrosch

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Maisie Williams (the acress who plays Arya Stark) is a difficult translate.  It's easy to get the body/clothes right, but the face (the important part) is tougher.  Here's the original and my own attempt to recreate her, in CC:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ee9603d6-15bb-416d-a8a4-2ca2.jpg

My own attempt:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e43cdb30-0b21-40f0-be06-46a5.jpg
If you don't get the face right, you don't have Arya.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
6 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f243575b-d5f7-4754-898e-05b8.png

You may be right - no face, no arya
Your head is quite good - just keep the face of Season 2/3
My Arya is older - Season 6/7
my arya is also arya

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Other than the expression (older Arya is never afraid :>Wink the thing that's tricky to capture is getting the hair right.  In your screen shot we see the problem (also in mine, in the younger Arya): she wears her hair pulled back and flat on the top of her head (in the earlier screenshot the pull isn't as severe, but it still shows more forehead than I was able to get).

This is the problem we have with the limited hairstyles available to us, although I did use a Daz one (and you used Jade).  In yours that hair look isn't right -- the height makes her head look odd and I suspect has much to do with my problem with it (that and the expression).   I'll look to see if Daz doesn't have something better for that older version.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic