Question About Redownloading Software

Posted By Nehanzen 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Nehanzen
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I just bought the CrazyTalk Animator 3 package that cost $600 and another $50 on the weather maker. Question is, if I buy another computer next year, and another 5 years after that, will I be able to sign into Reallusion and put the software on those computers? Basically, will I be able to use this software for life, being I purchased it?

*Edit. Oops... Meant this for "Crazytalk Animator" not "Crazytalk" category.
Edited
6 Years Ago by nehanzen
wires
wires
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Reallusion provide a download link for the last version of the software that you have purchased in your user account, with the following restrictions:

*NOTE:
We only provide the latest three version re-download service. If you do not see a "Download" link, the re-download period for your purchase has expired.

This means that if you purchase a software with version 3 then as soon as version 7 of this item is released, and you have never updated, then there will be no download available.

Be aware that there are no download links available for previous versions. If you own version 3.2.1 and this is updated by Reallusion to version 3.2.2 then this is the only version available for you to download. If you don't update to version 4 then your download will be "stuck" at the last available release of 3.

The best, and safest, way to protect your purchase is to always keep copies of the installer files stored on a separate external drive. This can also be useful if you need to roll back to a previous version of the software for any reason.

The software that you purchase at present is "for life", and can be used for as long as you wish.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Nehanzen
Nehanzen
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thanks for the reply. I saved the .exe files for the Animator, resource pack, and bonus pack to put on a USB drive. But a few of the files say Install.RLD, like the G3 Power Tools 1-5. How can I save my content from the .RLD to a USB drive?
wires
wires
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Your purchased content should always be available for download from your user account - these items are not normally tied to any version of the software. I don't use any of the CT products and have no knowledge of the Folder system, but for my iClone/CC stuff I copy the folders containing the assets to an external drive. Depending on just what you have purchased, and in how many folders the assets are stored in, this can be a royal PITA to do. I really only now do it for large files just to save download and install time.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Reading This Topic