Profile Picture

Possible to generate Ambient Occlusion maps from CC 2.0?

Posted By modernstoryteller 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Possible to generate Ambient Occlusion maps from CC 2.0?

Author
modernstoryteller
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
When I convert my character's materials from Traditional to PBR shader models I end up with diffuse, opacity, normal, roughness, and metallic texture maps - HOWEVER the box for Ambient Occlusion (AO) remains blank. Is there a way to automatically generate AO texture maps?

I can see there's a way to enable AO in the "Visual" window of CC, but that doesn't seem to affect the character's texture maps.

I can't seem to find any useful info on this.

Any help?
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
If you load the appearance editor using the PBR skin, then you can adjust it in the "Tweak" section. You can then click on the material tab to see the difference it makes to the texture thumbnail.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce52c6ec-13fe-484f-9a42-6160.jpg
modernstoryteller
modernstoryteller
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Thanks for the quick response, Rampa! You're a saint.
I activated the appearance editor for the relevant materials as you suggested and located the Ambient Occlusion slider, but even setting the slider to maximum didn't cause CC to generate an AO map.

However, I noticed a couple of odd things:
1. I don't seem to have a "Tweak" menu; my menu structure looks different to yours for some reason.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/253bd014-4efe-4b30-86f4-b5ba.png

2. When I switched back to the Materials tab it had forced the shader model from PBR back to Traditional. (I forced it back to PBR in the pic below). Still no AO map!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/81aafb2b-eab3-4a58-b001-cbce.png
What am I missing?
Edited
6 Years Ago by modernstoryteller
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

It's a little bit hidden, but we loaded different Substances for the Appearance Editor. Have a look at this for where to set the Substance:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6ee98e8c-7c94-4ca1-8525-78b5.jpg

Click on the little flame icon in the box, and a pop-up will then let you choose the Substance. Pick the one with PBR in the name. That should do it! Smile
modernstoryteller
modernstoryteller
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

That did the trick! Thanks so much!
I have no idea why you're hanging around in forums helping random strangers on the internet, but I'm so glad you're here! :-D
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

If you're here in the 'Clonverse, you're not random! Wink

Reading This Topic