Profile Picture

Is it possible to import a video to Crazytalk 8?

Posted By Data Juggler 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Data Juggler
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 hours ago
I would like to do 1 of two things, but if both are possible I would like to learn how to do both.

1. As the title suggests, I would like to import a video to play as a background, and have my character talking with the background behind. Is this possible?
2. If not, is there a way to export a transparent background video, so I can use it as an overlay using other video editing software?
Thanks,

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

I figured out how to add a green screen background, and I was able to chrome key and take out the background, so that worked.

I still would like to know the answer if you can import a video, that would be even easier, but this way worked fine.

PixelDatabase.Net

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 38 minutes ago
Unfortunately you can't import a video background into CrazyTalk 8. Only static images are supported as backgrounds.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ok thanks; I didn't see a way, I can just see it saving 1 step if you creating an 'Overlay' type effect.

I can't be the first that asked for this feature am I?

I also wish the scene backgrounds that are included with Crazytalk were not purposely out of focus. That should be an option to show the bar or the bookshelf type scenes clearly, or let them blur to the background.

It isn't my name on the software, so I can only wish.

Thanks for the reply.

PixelDatabase.Net

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Thanks for the feedback. Video backgrounds are being considered and may be an option in future versions.

The blurred backgrounds is a design choice to give a DOF appearance. Of course for your own custom backgrounds you can choose to keep the background sharp and in focus if you prefer. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

naymariedesigns
naymariedesigns
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I am an absolute novice to video editing, etc and am really teaching myself to do all this. I apologize in advance if my question does not use the correct terminology!
I can't seem to find out anywhere what are the video file types that I would be able to create in CrazyTalk. Ideally, I want to do exactly what OP mentioned, have my cooking video that I am editing in Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 and add the character to the bottom corner of that video. I just need to make sure I can easily add the CrazyTalk video to Premiere Pro before I purchase the software.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

naymariedesigns (12/5/2019)
I am an absolute novice to video editing, etc and am really teaching myself to do all this. I apologize in advance if my question does not use the correct terminology!
I can't seem to find out anywhere what are the video file types that I would be able to create in CrazyTalk. Ideally, I want to do exactly what OP mentioned, have my cooking video that I am editing in Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 and add the character to the bottom corner of that video. I just need to make sure I can easily add the CrazyTalk video to Premiere Pro before I purchase the software.

Hi...

If you want to export a talking character to overlay on a video in Premiere Pro then you can do this quite easily in CrazyTalk 8.

So if you are creating a 2D character in CT8 then just remove the background from the character image first. I like to do this in Photoshop (or any other image editor will do) and then save it in a format that preserves the transparent background such as PNG. You can also do this within CrazyTalk 8 itself (see below) but you may find it easier and more precise in an image editor.

http://manual.reallusion.com/CrazyTalk_8/ENU/Default.htm#Resources/CT8/04_Talking_Image/Creating_a_Face_From_a_Photo/Editing_the_Background_Mask.htm

If you are working with a 3D character in CT8 then you don't have to worry about the above step as the background will be removed when you create the head.

Then once you have created your project in CrazyTalk 8 just export (without adding a background image) as Sequence Image PNG format if you are using Windows or use the ProRes 4444 codec if you are using the Mac version. Then load this into Premiere Pro where it can be placed over your cooking video.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic