Profile Picture

Camera record issues

Posted By 2btinab 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
2btinab
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Im having some issues with camera and camera record mode. Firstly when I zoom in and out or do object focus the whole of the scene from beginning to the point that I have made the change, changes where the objects are placed, they seem to stay in the zoom position. What am I doing wrong??
Another thing is that when I zoom in and out in preview mode it registers this as a change, however, it will only play it in camera record mode. Is this how it works and will the end video play the camera record version?? 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Keyframes will only be added to the timeline when you are in "Camera Record Mode". You can tell when you are in Record Mode as the working area box will turn from blue to red.

To set camera shots correctly you need to be aware of how keyframes work by default.

So for example. if you have a long shot of a character at frame 1 and then a close up shot at frame 100, the camera will gradually transition from the long shot to the close up when the project is played back. However if you just  want the camera to switch from a long shot to a close up without a transition, you just need to copy the camera keyframe at frame 1 and then past it at frame 99. Now when you play back the project the camera will stay on the long shot and will switch straight to the close up at frame 100 without any transition or unwanted zooming.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic