MoCap and Windows 7 Ultimate

Posted By JasonWynngard 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
JasonWynngard
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I still use Windows 7 and hope to never use Wiondows10. End of story without an explanatory rant. I'm not a gamer, though my 17.3" laptop is a gaming configured machine hardware-wise. Nor have time to be so have no Xbox. Thus my question as an iClone7 user is, what version of Kinect driver should I install if:
1. I use my old Kinect 1 device?
2. I opt to use a Kinect 2 device?

Omen HP17t ck00 -- Windows 11 -- 32GB RAM -- Two 1TB Crucial M.2 NVME Drives -- nVidia Geoforce RTX 3070 -- 11th Generation i9 -- LG 32" QUHD Monitor

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
Hi... If you are using Windows 7 then the only Kinect devices supported will be the older "Kinect For Xbox 360" or the "Kinect For Windows v1". If you wish to use the latest "Kinect For Xbox One" (aka Kinect For Windows v2) then you will need to be using Windows 8/10.

So depending on the Kinect device you use, you just need to install the corresponding Kinect plug-in for that model. If you have purchased the Kinect Mocap Device Plugin then you will find the three different plug-ins in your Member Account on the Registration page.  The trial version can be downloaded HERE. Again do ensure you only install the version of the Mocap Device Plugin for your model of Kinect.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic