iClone is growing on me ....

Posted By sonic7 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year

After a bit of a hiccup with a 'Depth of Field' issue (now sorted), I've been jigging around with iClone 7 to see what result I can get "straight out of the box".
With the exception of some 'cropping' and the addition of 'film grain' - the pic below was achieved 100% from within iClone 7.2.
I've got a long way to go to be up with the big guns - but hey - I'm happy enough even where I am ...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/794d04d4-7505-4fef-b404-10fd.jpg

◇◇◇ The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. ◇◇◇  - Lao Tzu

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Very nice!  Thanks for sharing.  Smile

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

CtrlZ
CtrlZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
justaviking (3/31/2018)
Very nice!  Thanks for sharing.  Smile

Very nice!
I am impressed! 

Home built liquid cooled AMD Ryzen 7 1800X cpu (8 core 16 thread) 4.0GHz,  rtx 3090, ASUS Crosshair VI Hero motherboard, 64 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD (Samsung 850 EVO) 6 TB HD's 4K monitor.

Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
seeing so many great images built from iClone7 lately.
Obviously people need skill and you certainly have some.
But I also want to say thank you to Reallusion for giving us a tool that is capable of such great scenes within talented hands and I am looking forward to your future improvements.

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

Thanks CtrlZ (and Viking)...
This was simply a test to play with DOF (and lighting too).
Speaking of "impressed" - I still have visions of your 'WIP #2 The Road' - running through my mind ... I've watched it at least half a dozen times.
The more I do, the more I appreciate all the work you've put into it ...
Also 'Wildstar's sci-fi project - (talk about a huge effort!) - He's helping me push my personal demands for the 'cinema' look to higher levels....
And 'grabiller' has terrific insights and thoughts about all aspects of production 'film style' - which is what I love....
There's others on here as well - we're fortunate to be able to learn from each other like this !!!!

EDIT: ....... Ah - hi Delerna - I must have been typing my post the same time you were ! ... - Yes - my sentiments exactly - Iclone is a terrific tool for enabling so many different people to taylor their passions, art, -- whatever ... !

EDIT 2: ...... To not cause 'confusion' ....  what I meant by 'straight out of the box' (at the top of this thread), was:
... Getting a result that was achievable from within iClone - without the need for extra processing in other programs. I didn't use any 'after effects', nor did I apply any LUTs etc. I simply added a 'film grain' effect by sending the iClone rendered 2000 x 850 pxl .bmp image to my Android Galaxy Note Tablet, and there (in an app called 'Photo Mate R3' from the Play Store), I set the 'grain value to '8' and the 'grain size' to '2'. That's it! (If I could've added grain from within iClone 7 - I would've done so for sure).

So - iClone 7.2 was responsible for:
● The isolated in-focus plane of both the 'smallpox poster' and 'model' (being at roughly equal distance from the camera).
● The 'blue lights' (iClone's Spots & Points) to emulate the 'colder', high colour temperature of the external 'daylight' on the buildings. (7 lights).
● The 'yellow lights' (again from iClone's CREATE>LIGHT drop-down menu), this time colored yellow, emulating warmer internal tungsten lighting. These were used to splash light onto the barrel and other props, giving the impression the light source was from the roof. The Genesis 2 model was also lit from behind.
● Under iClone's 'Visual' tab I used no Ambient Occlusion, no Fog, no Active IBL.  --  just the 'HDR Effect' section alone.
I'm all for simplicity. (Partly because my 'brain' gets too 'confused' with too much tech).😨

So apart from lighting and framing, it was down to ●1 HDR settings ..... and .....  ●2 DOF settings (both shown in this pic):

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/545875a6-ff90-4cfc-92e2-2486.jpg

◇◇◇ Develop an ‘attitude of gratitude’. Say thank you to everyone you meet for everything they do for you. ◇◇◇  - Brian Tracy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7
wildstar
wildstar
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
congratz, very good. the post where I point the problem with dof I exaggerated in the DOF just to make clear the limitation that exists since the closed beta. of course you will go through these problems if you use camera apertures type 80 or 100 mm and try to reproduce the DOF of these apertures. and if you have bright objects with glow the problems will become more intense. which is not the case of this image where you are using a wide type lens. something like 35 or 20 mm. in that case the addition of DOF not would be necessary because this type of lens does not generate DOF, but the little that you added gave it  a charm.
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

...... only just now revisited this thread (I'm slow catching up) ......
@Wildstar
Yes ..... an interesting observation by you (makes sense).
Wide focal length lenses inherently create a very large Depth of Field, virtually everything bring in focus.
Tighter telephoto angles introduce shallow DOF.
You've helped me realize how I came to produce the reasonably pleasing photo here, because (being a wide angle shot), iClone wasn't having to manufacture the 'heavy' blur field of a longer lens. This explains why my DOF test results have been 'inconsistent' - because I've been randomly composing shots with varying focal lengths - sometimes short, sometimes long, and only the lelephoto angles would show up the DOF issues. Yes thanks for that! ☺

◇◇◇ Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ◇◇◇  - Samuel Beckett

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7

Reading This Topic