Lebron James

Posted By hcameron90 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
hcameron90
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
I think I'm getting better at Character Creator.
I'm working on something, hopefully something big. 
Anyways here is a iclone Version of Lebron James.
Please tell me what you think so far.

Thankshttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/48fbc5df-886e-41da-acf2-9aa1.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5eb379fc-3a22-4710-baae-11e6.png
MarBar Studios
MarBar Studios
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Great Picture! Although is this the younger version of Bron1 Bron!...LOL! Hope what you are working on pans out for you.  The character is REALLY nice work!
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Didn't know who Lebron James was so did a google search and yep it looks like him to my eyes.

I'm working on one of Harry Potter and need to work on better hare and clothes for the character.
Showing this because we can create characters by using morph sliders in CC or by using photo's in Crazy Talk8
and I'm wondering which method you used?
I have tried Crazy Talk8 but I don't find it as easy as doing it in CC.
I did this one totally in CC and it took me about 3/4 of an hour to do that much (including making the glasses.
If you did yours in CC do you find it reasonably easy?
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/32b69b5c-4102-4966-a791-cb35.png

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
6 Years Ago by Delerna
ben_nac
ben_nac
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

just a quick test :

hcameron90
hcameron90
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Delerna this is really good, especially when you only used CC sliders. For me it depends on the photo image I have. With CrazyTalk 8, I normally go through Google images to to find the "perfect picture" to use and edit. Now I sometimes use Getty Images to find better and higher quality images. Now once I have a photo that's similar to the image in CrazyTalk 8, ( which btw I went through around ten images to get the right picture for Lebron.) I do the following:

( I got this technique from someone on the forum so I didn't come up with this)
I first take the image in Photoshop to:
1.) change the image resolution to 360. most images resolutions are below 90. 
2.) If there is lighting on the face I will go into the image adjustment tab and edit the shadows and highlights. Then save that and take it to CrazyTalk.
3.) I saw a few youtube videos on how people use Crazytalk 8. But most don't pay too much attention to the nose. Which for me is the hardest and take the most time to perfect.
4.) When I export it to CC I immediately go to the appearance editor tab. So I touch up on the make-up, eyebrows, lipstick for more details, and eyes. ( because sometimes the chin may have dark spots from the rendering of CrazyTalk). Also I change the resolution to 2048x2048.
5.) To get a more realistic look of the image from Google or Getty Images. I will go to the modify tab and select the face map. Then bump up the self illumination up around 40 to 60%. Depending on how you want the character to look.
6.) Then I will edit the face and body with sliders.

CC
Now I did try using only CC sliders. And I failed once on one character. But on another I came kinda close to the exact "clone" of the person I was creating. This takes longer, obviously but if I cant get the result I want with Crazytalk. Then I would go to CC and just use the sliders.

The issue with me is HAIR.  Most of the hair in the content store is not what I need. Or it's close but not really and I have to edit the hair which I'm not a pro at. So I go to Daz to find some that's similar to what I need. And if that doesn't work, then I will review my Blender courses on making hair. But Hair is my biggest issue.

BTW Delerna I will probably have to buy one of your beards to finish this Lebron Character. Now that he grew his beard. I think I may use your fork beard product and edit it a little in Blender.
I see you have hair products. Did you create yours in blender, if not How?
Also how did you create glasses in CC?

hcameron90
hcameron90
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

ben_nac I think we both used the same image to create our Lebron lol. When I created mine, it turned out like yours.But when
I bumped up the self illumination, it made the character look a little more realistic. Along with make-up and slightly changing the hue color.  
hcameron90
hcameron90
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

ben_nac like the comparison on your Lebron. The thing I have with CrazyTalk is at 0:18 the front side of his face is dark. And the side behind where the beard is, is lighter. That's when I take it to CC and add make-up to blend it more. You can in Crazytalk but the make-up helps even more. But most iclone users would just leave the face like that and not edit it.

Did you ever make any other famous characters, I would love to see them. 
ben_nac
ben_nac
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

as you said, to get a realistic avatar face, you must have an hd nice picture with a nice illumination in all different region of the face
and its better to have a second photo (right or left face to get more tunning specialy the nose
I tried several faces and here are the results, there are some good and bad results

Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.5K reputation)

Been a bit sick past few days (getting old LOL) and only just noticed these reply's now.
hcameron90
Thanks for you comments on how you did your character in Crazy Talk 8. I have tried it a few times but have trouble getting them to satisfy me.
With the descriptions you have given I will give it some more goes. That's the biggest problem I have, getting photos that work well.
Also concerned about using photos that are not mine for anything other than testing and experimenting with ideas or using as guides for something I create myself.

Hair
Yes everything I make for characters I do in Blender, and yes hair is difficult. I tend to create them as lo polly and rely on texturing for it to look like hair.
But I am getting into modelling it higher polly to get the mesh looking more like hair. The low polly method is good enough for distance and reasonably close up shots.
But just not too good to get really close That's why my beards and moustaches are the price they are.
I also find there are not enough variations of hair, beards and moustaches and it is something I am going to get back into soon.
Have several partially done but I have been into modelling some modular architecture I can use to create harry potter scenes as well as others that have similar style buildings

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
6 Years Ago by Delerna
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Oh and the glases I just exported one of the CC glases with the HP character and adjusted it in blender and imported it back into CC

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
6 Years Ago by Delerna

Reading This Topic