Profile Picture

Huge FBX and C4D files

Posted By pplife6 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pplife6
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I have a very urgent need.

I created a simple cartoon character in Character Creator then I exported him to iClone 7. I then added some simple animations, just walking, standing and simple lip sync. The whole animation is about 4 minutes long. I then sent the character and the animation to 3DXchange and finally exported in FBX. The file comes to about 181 MB which I believe is way too big for something this simple. 

Now in C4D (I am using R19), I imported the character. It seems to take quite some time to load. Animation can't play in real time. When I try to save the project in C4D, the file comes to over 3 GB! Mind you, this is just a character in a scene and nothing else.

In my project I have two quite similar characters and by adding a second one, I can't even save this project. The error message says 'Unable to Write file....'

Need help please in understanding why do I get these huge files and how to fix this.

Reading This Topic