Profile Picture

Can you save the physics setting for an item?

Posted By Kelleytoons 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
So I get a skirt into CC and, in general, the deform weighting is "okay", but I'm thinking the physics will take care of the nuances.  I paint my weight map and, in CC, can't really see any effect (is this true?  Can we not see any physics in CC?  Doesn't appear we can).  So I bring it into iClone and while it's decent it takes a bit of fiddling with the settings (material preset as well as the collision settings).  Now it's perfect (well, it's nice -- nobody's perfect :>Wink but I can't save it there, and I can't re-edit it in CC.  So what the hell?

Is there no way to save such settings for the object?  Developers must be able to tailor such things, right?  Or am I not understanding something critical here?  (So often true.  Sigh -- I'm WAY too old to have to learn all this stuff).

Edit: Ah, as usual I solve my own problem (I need to wait a few days before asking anything here, but I'm too old to learn that).  So apparently the trick is to edit the entire avatar back in CC and then save the item from there.  In doing so it does save the physics settings (but what a convoluted way to do it.  CC3 will surely fix that stupid process).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
6 Years Ago by Kelleytoons

Reading This Topic