Posted By race_34 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Problem.png
race_34
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (561 reputation)Veteran Member (561 reputation)Veteran Member (561 reputation)Veteran Member (561 reputation)Veteran Member (561 reputation)Veteran Member (561 reputation)Veteran Member (561 reputation)Veteran Member (561 reputation)Veteran Member (561 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi,
Having issues with animation after converting to non-standard.

The character has animation, but on the first frame, it's zeroed out. Exported as 2012 FBX Binary. Imported into 3DXChange, convert to non-standard, map all the bones, apply t-pose, preview, and convert. Back on the orginal screen, I click on the animation to reload it, and when it's played, the animation has offset values. I exported a t-pose from 3DX, and another from Maya, put them side by side, and they both have the same values on the skeleton. It seems as though 3DXChange has it's own zero out values. I don't understand why it's changing the animation, and what I'm doing wrong.

It is also not possible to "apply to iClone", as the software crashes at 39%, all the time. I need to export the imotion file, and re-import it into iClone.

The current workflow is; Import FBX into 3DX, run through the conversion process, export the imotion file (regardless of the animation changing), import back into iClone, apply expressions (blendshapes), re-import into Maya, copy over blendshapes from one rig to another.

Thanks
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
So you're adding this as a perform to the avatar?  What happens when you right-click on the avatar, choose "Perform" in iClone and choose that animation?

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
race_34
race_34
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (561 reputation)Veteran Member (561 reputation)Veteran Member (561 reputation)Veteran Member (561 reputation)Veteran Member (561 reputation)Veteran Member (561 reputation)Veteran Member (561 reputation)Veteran Member (561 reputation)Veteran Member (561 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi,
Thanks for replying,

The avatar still has the same offset animation.

Reading This Topic