Iclone to Hitfilm

Posted By thairston 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
thairston
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
What is the process to export from Iclone 7 into Hitfilm? Has anyone seen a step by step video? 
Looking at Antareus video, they look amazing How did he do it share, please 

Anthony Hairston
Cary B
Cary B
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Not sure what you mean. You can't export Iclone project files into Hitfilm. Hitfilm is basically a compositing program, so you can take the videos you rendered in Iclone, and you can layer effects onto them in Hitfilm. It uses standard video formats, and after creating the effects you can output the result as a standard video file.

It's true that Hitfilm can import 3D objects, I've seen tutorials about that, but never really used the feature. There are many different Hitfilm tutorials available for all kinds of different effects, 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/848c8492-ac67-42c2-9d27-461e.jpg

thairston
thairston
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Sorry I was not clear  in my question. I should have said a 3D model from a iclone importing it to hitfilm

Anthony Hairston
Cary B
Cary B
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Here's a brief tutorial on what the process is like. It helps to understand that Hitfilm works in layers, like Photoshop, and that the layers can be 3D or 2D.  Any 3D layer must have a camera active. The tutorial doesn't really get into that. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l8WBbSdRQk

A static non-human model, like the X-wing fighter they use in the demo, is not hard to animate in Hitfilm. You can also import animations for more complex models, and have walking figures and the like.  I haven't explored it, because it involves getting familiar with their camera and lighting system, and I prefer to concentrate on learning Iclone.  But because of the awesome compositing, effects  and particle capabilities in Hitfilm, it might be worth learning it for some kinds of shots. 

I'm no kind of expert on  Hitfilm, but I like it because it seems a good mid-range program that can be used by an amateur like me to really boost visual effects to a higher level. It does require some time spent learning how to use it, and can be tricky and frustrating as any complex software can be. But it also has a lot of presets that can be used pretty quickly after learning the interface. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/848c8492-ac67-42c2-9d27-461e.jpg

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
thairston (2/11/2018)
What is the process to export from Iclone 7 into Hitfilm? Has anyone seen a step by step video? 
Looking at Antareus video, they look amazing How did he do it share, please 

Please take a look at the video below. This gives a good overview of getting an animated character from iClone to Hitfilm.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
6 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
thairston
thairston
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for the help with that info I created this  using Iclone 7 Hitfilm pro and Sony Vegas

Anthony Hairston
nealtucker
nealtucker
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I can not find a way how to export an iClone prop using xchange then export as an obj then import into Hitfilm so the textures are correct? in fact if you open the exported obj file back into exchange  the 
textures look like they do in HF.
I have looked at lots of videos and tutorials but can not fine the correct way to do this starting with a simple wall.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b3bc9231-1251-4643-a8f5-0feb.png
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/aceff43d-8fc0-4295-8316-4d4e.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View my latest Iclone project THEY ARE HERE Renegades versus the overlords Resize Editor

Reading This Topic