An Interesting Error

Posted By RyderHS 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
4u2ges
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
animagic (2/8/2018)
4u2ges (2/8/2018)
I am with Indigo RT4 where spotlight does not work anyway and usually using emissive objects instead.
You can try the same.

So you can use iClone scenes in Indigo RT4? I wasn't clear on that since for Indigo 3 RT we used a special iClone-specific version. Using Indigo 4 would make it a bit more interesting. Seems that it is still in beta though.

I have not touched it for a while since the release of IC7, but it seems they now have a stable version available (got to test it at some point). Yes, RT 4 would work with iClone 7. I have both RT3 and 4 installed in different folders and can switch with just pointing to the right executable in iClone. But once you get a taste of 4 you would never go back to 3 (that is if you still use Indigo). Aside from other improvements, the main advantage is a blazing render speed with Open CL. Still not enough to animate complex scenes, but for something simple (simple still needs to be defined in terms of lighting, poly counts, specularity.. etc) it is quite doable.
Here is a speed comparison I made a while ago https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost329996.aspx

raxel_67 (2/8/2018)
Spotlights and Point lights will always show in indigo, in kai's tutorial he mentions that, also mentions that if you are going to use them they should be out of the camera view

They sure would. But in iClone 6 Spotlight would show up at the point of placement, while in iClone 7 only light ball of the Spotlight would be at the placement location. The dummy enclosure is always at the center and it is deformed. It is a bug.

Edited
6 Years Ago by 4u2ges
4u2ges
This post has been flagged as an answer
4u2ges
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
There is actually an easy fix for the Spotlight bug:

RyderHS
RyderHS
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thank you very much.

Reallusion Certified Director

Reading This Topic