Profile Picture

segmenting characters in Photoshop

Posted By charleee 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
charleee
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I have watched many tutorials but they all start out with the character already segmented in photoshop.  How do I set up my drawn character in photoshop so it has the correct files set up for the body parts?  I have looked everywhere for this info but none of the tutorials show you how to set that up.
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 39 minutes ago
All body parts are separated on different layers.
If your character is a single layer drawing/image then you need to cut it up into separate body parts and place them on the proper layers.
Look at the CTA3 PSD template file and you will see how the characters body parts are placed.
Note that the name of the layer determines where the body part goes so follow the RL layer naming convention.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Reading This Topic